WOW! I can’t believe it’s time to do another year in review post for my blog! I love doing these posts too! It’s so much fun to go back and remember all the fun I had creating and baking this year! This blog is like a baking diary of my life! Let’s start by taking a look back at 2010 and 2011…
And just cause I think it’s interesting, here are few stats from my blog:
Total #of posts in 2012: 125
Total New Recipes: 87
cupcake Recipes: 23
Cookie Recipes: 22
Cake Recipes: 10
These numbers aren’t as high as 2011… but still impressive considering I had a baby and was pregnant twice! On to 2012!
2012 was a big year for me personally. I gave birth to my beautiful baby boy Matthew in March. My dad came to visit for 5 weeks in June and we traveled to Switzerland, Southern Germany and Italy. And then in November, I said goodbye to my daughter Cora who passed away before she was born due to Trisomy 18. We traveled all over Europe and through the ups and downs… it’s really been a great year!
In the kitchen, I experimented a lot with cakes this year! I’ve always been a self-proclaimed “I don’t make cakes” Baker… but this year, all that changed thanks to Amanda at i am baker for inspiring me with all her super simple and easy to follow tutorials! I’m no expert yet, but I’m getting better! I also baked a LOT of cookies… not intentionally, but I found myself baking more cookies, bars and cakes than cupcakes this year. It was a lot of fun branching out to other desserts!
Now… the recipes! Here are two roundups of the BEST of the BEST in 2012!
Most Popular Recipes of 2012: – these posts could have been written at any time, but in 2012, they were the most popular!
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread (this recipe is the most viewed on my blog EVER!)
- Apple Cinnamon Cupcakes
- Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cupcakes
- Cherry Limeade Cupcakes
- Girl Scout Thin Mint Cupcakes
- Samoa Cupcakes
- Black Velvet Pumpkin Cupcakes Tutorial
- Mocha Mocha Cupcakes
- 4 Holiday Cupcakes Tutorial
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Brownie Bars
- Strawberry Lemonade Cupcakes
- Oreo Cupcakes
My Favorite Recipes of 2012: – These are my personal favorites from the year! Not all cupcakes – but all delicious and memorable!
- Chocolate Raspberry Pink Ombre Petal Cake
- Frosted Peppermint Dark Chocolate Donuts
- Two Halloween Cakes
- Strawberry Lemonade Scones
- Easy Homemade Refried Beans
- Oktoberfest Beer Batter Onion Rings
- Blue Ombre Cake Tutorial
- Rainbow Pom Pom Cake
- Rose Vertical Layer Cake
- Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookie Cupcakes
- Lemoncino Raspberry Cupcakes
- Perfect Vanilla Cupcakes