Simple, delicious and easy… this pumpkin chocolate chip bread is perfect for Fall, the holidays or any time of the year!
It’s definitely pumpkin time! The grocery stores have started stocking fresh pumpkins and the shelves of canned pumpkin puree are always empty! (Luckily, I got a few cans before it was all gone!)
My first pumpkin recipe of the season is this bright orange pumpkin chocolate chip bread! When I first saw the picture of this bread on Fever Avenue I loved how truly orange the bread was.
You could really tell it was a pumpkin flavored bread! And those chocolate chips just looked to gooey and melty and delicious! Now, the only problem… the recipe on Fever Avenue wasn’t in cups and tsp, it was in grams. Ugh.
So I set out to convert the recipe to something I could bake with… and I think it’s a success! The bread is full of pumpkin flavor and when eaten warm…. oh that chocolate gooeyness is TO DIE FOR!
UPDATE (8/13): This is the #1 recipe on my blog with more than 128,000 pins on Pinterest! THANK YOU to everyone who has shared, made and loved this recipe! I never in a million years expected a recipe I made on a whim and blogged with a camera phone picture would be so popular. Goes to show that you just never can tell with the internet what’s going to be popular and not!
UPDATE (11/16): Crazy that this simple quick bread is still the #1 recipe on my site! Someday I should probably make it again and take more photos!! HA 🙂
So many of you have commented that you added spices, changed up ingredients, suited the recipe to your needs… which I think is FANTASTIC! I’d love to see your photos too! Send them to me at betsy @ javacupcake.com!
Thank you again for visiting my blog… please, take some time and check out all the other super sweet recipes!!
xoxo – BetsyPrint
- 1 cup pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie mix)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 2/3 cup flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup + 1/4 cup chocolate chips, divided
- powdered sugar, to garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 F degrees. Grease & flour loaf pan. (I also lined mine with parchment paper.)
- In large bowl, sift together the flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder and salt TWICE.
- In a medium bowl, combine the pumpkin, eggs, oil, vanilla and sour cream until smooth.
- Make a well in the flour mixture and pour in the wet ingredients. Whisk together until smooth.
- Fold in 1 cup of chocolate chips.
- Pour into prepared loaf pan. Sprinkle 1/4 cup chocolate chips on top.
- Bake 60-75 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool in pan on a wire rack 20 minutes before removing to wire rack to cool completely.
- Dust top with powdered sugar to garnish.