Decorated as Christmas trees, these holiday cookies are a fun twist on the classic peanut butter blossoms and are perfect for your cookie swap or holiday party!
Today is Day 2 of 12 Days of Cookies on Java Cupcake! On Day 1 I brought you beautiful Frosted Sugar Cookies and today I’ve got a classic cookie for you… with a twist!
Peanut Butter Blossoms are one of my most favorite cookies to make during the Christmas season. Maybe it’s because peanut butter and chocolate is my most favorite flavor combination IN THE WORLD… or maybe it’s because they’re just so cute… or maybe it’s because they’re just so darn easy to make!
It’s probably all of the above.
I’ve been making these cookies for as long as I can remember. Sometimes, I’d even make them when it wasn’t Christmas, but that somehow just felt wrong. So, that didn’t happen that often.
But this year, I was inspired to do something a little bit different with these cookies. Spice things up a bit and get creative! I turned the traditional cookies into super fun, super cute Christmas Tree Peanut Butter Blossoms! It was super easy too! All I needed was green frosting and holiday sprinkles! They took just a few minutes to decorate but they create an immense impression!
These Christmas Tree Peanut Butter Blossoms would be perfect for a holiday party, cookie swap or on your cookie platter for Christmas!
Festive. Fun. Delicious!
Christmas Tree Peanut Butter Blossoms
- 48 Hershey’s Kisses chocolate candies
- 1/2 cup shortening (I used Crisco)
- 3/4 cup Peanut Butter
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 egg
- 2 Tbsp milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 sugar, for rolling
- green frosting
- red, green, & white holiday sprinkles
- disposable piping bag fitted with a Wilton #4 piping tip
- Preheat oven to 375°F and line cookie sheet with parchment paper. Remove wrappers from chocolates.
- Beat shortening and peanut butter in large bowl until well blended.
- Add 1/3 cup granulated sugar and brown sugar; beat until fluffy.
- Add egg, milk and vanilla; beat well.
- Stir together flour, baking soda and salt; gradually beat into peanut butter mixture.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Roll in sugar and place on prepared cookie sheet.
- Bake 7-8 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Immediately press a chocolate into center of each cookie; cookie will crack around edges. Remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Cool completely.
- NOTE: Cookies must be completely cooled & chocolate hardened before decorating.
- Fill the prepared piping bag with green frosting.
- Starting at the base of the Hershey Kiss, pipe a line of frosting that swirls up & around to the top of the kiss.
- Immediately sprinkle with holiday sprinkles.
Want more cookies?
Check out the main page for the 12 Days of Cookies and you’ll find the links to all the recipes! Next cookie will be posted tomorrow!