Peppermint Chocolate Cookies
Yield: 3-4 dozen cookies
Prep Time: 2 hours
Cook Time: 11 minutes
Total Time: 2 hours 11 minutes
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 5 Tbsp unsalted butter, room temperature
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 tsp peppermint extract
- 30 peppermint candies, crushed
- 2 pounds white chocolate, coarsely chopped
- Preheat oven to 325 F degrees. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, sift together flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer, cream together the butter and sugar on high for 1-2 minutes.
- Add egg and egg yolk and mix until well incorporated. Scrape the sides and bottom of the bowl.
- Beat in the peppermint extract.
- In two parts, add the flour mixture and mix on medium speed until just incorporated.
- With your hands, form the dough into a large disc and cut in half. Wrap each half in plastic wrap and freeze for 1 hour or refrigerate for 4 hours.
- Onto a floured surface, roll out the dough to 1/8" thickness.
- Using a 2" round cookie cutter, cut out discs of dough. Place the cut dough onto the cookie sheet and freeze until firm - about 10-15 minutes.
- Bake for 11-13 minutes or until the cookies are dry to the touch and are not soft in the center. Remove to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Line a baking sheet with wax paper.
- In a double broiler, melt the white chocolate until smooth.
- Dunk cooled cookies in the melted white chocolate until completely covered. Tap off the excess chocolate and scrape off the excess chocolate from the bottom of each cookie. Place them on the prepared baking sheet.
- Sprinkle the top of the chocolate covered cookies with crushed peppermint candies.
- Refrigerate until set. Store in an air tight container for up to 2 weeks.
Recipe from Mimi's Kitchen
Amount Per Serving Calories 0Total Fat 0g
Want more cookies?Here is the complete list of the 12 Days of Cookies!
- Day 1 – Frosted Sugar Cookies
- Day 2 – Christmas Tree Peanut Butter Blossoms
- Day 3 – Holiday Spritz
- Day 4 – Russian Tea Cakes
- Day 5 – Holi-Doodles
- Day 6 – Haystacks
- Day 7 – Lebkuchen
- Day 8 – Molasses Cookies
- Day 9 – Raspberry Thumbprints
- Day 10 – Peppermint Meringues
- Day 11 – Lemon Ricotta Cookies
- Day 12 – Peppermint Chocolate Cookies