Yield: 3 dozen cookies
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 11 minutes
Total Time: 31 minutes
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 large egg, separated
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup finely chopped almonds (or any nut)
- 1/2 cup raspberry jam, for filling
- Preheat oven to 350 F degrees. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream together the butter and sugar on high for about 2 minutes.
- Scrape the sides of the bowl, add the egg yolk and vanilla then mix until thoroughly combined.
- In another bowl, whisk together the flour, salt.
- Add the flour to the wet mixture and mix on medium-high until combined. Scrape the sides and bottom of the bowl to ensure everything has been incorporated.
- In a small bowl, slightly beat the egg white. Place the chopped nuts in another bowl.
- Roll 1 Tbsp of dough into a ball in your hands. Dip the dough ball in the egg white then roll in the nuts until covered.
- Place the nut-covered balls on the prepared cookie sheet 1" apart. Gently press your thumb down into the center of each ball, making a well for the jam.
- Bake 10-12 minutes or until the cookies have set. Cool on the pan for 1 minute before removing to a wire rack to cool completely. NOTE: If you notice some of the thumbprint wells risen, press them gently back down before they cool so that the jam has a place to be.
- Once the cookies have cooled, fill the wells with your favorite raspberry jam.
- Store in an airtight container for up to a week.
Amount Per Serving Calories 0Total Fat 0g
Want more cookies?Here is the complete list of the 12 Days of Cookies!
- Day 1 – Frosted Sugar Cookies
- Day 2 – Christmas Tree Peanut Butter Blossoms
- Day 3 – Holiday Spritz
- Day 4 – Russian Tea Cakes
- Day 5 – Holi-Doodles
- Day 6 – Haystacks
- Day 7 – Lebkuchen
- Day 8 – Molasses Cookies
- Day 9 – Raspberry Thumbprints
- Day 10 – Peppermint Meringues
- Day 11 – Lemon Ricotta Cookies
- Day 12 – Peppermint Chocolate Cookies
Indian Restaurants on the Strip
Monday 24th of November 2014
These cookies look amazing! I’d love to fill them with all different kinds of jam.