Yield: 2 dozen cookies
Prep Time: 1 hour 15 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 25 minutes
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground cloves
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- sugar, for rolling
- In the bowl of your stand mixer with the paddle attachment, combine the melted butter and sugar and mix until combined. Scrape the sides & bottom of the bowl and mix again on high for 1 minute.
- Add the egg and mix until incorporated.
- Pour in the molasses and beat until smooth.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, ginger and cloves.
- In three parts, add the flour mix to the wet mix, mixing until just combined after each addition.
- Scrape the sides and bottom of the bowl and mix again until everything has been incorporated. Do not over mix.
- Cover the dough with plastic wrap and chill in the freezer for 30-60 minutes or until cold and firm.
- Preheat oven to 375 F degrees. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Scoop 1.5"-2" mounds of dough and roll in your hand to form a ball.
- Toss the dough ball in a bowl of sugar until coated.
- Place 2" apart on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake 9-11 minutes until the tops are cracked but the center is still soft. Cool on the pan for 1 minute before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Store in an air tight container for up to a week.
Amount Per Serving Calories 0Total Fat 0g
Want more cookies?Here is the complete list of the 12 Days of Cookies!
- Day 1 – Frosted Sugar Cookies
- Day 2 – Christmas Tree Peanut Butter Blossoms
- Day 3 – Holiday Spritz
- Day 4 – Russian Tea Cakes
- Day 5 – Holi-Doodles
- Day 6 – Haystacks
- Day 7 – Lebkuchen
- Day 8 – Molasses Cookies
- Day 9 – Raspberry Thumbprints
- Day 10 – Peppermint Meringues
- Day 11 – Lemon Ricotta Cookies
- Day 12 – Peppermint Chocolate Cookies