- 4 large egg whites, room temperature
- 1/2 tsp cream of tartar
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp peppermint extract
- Red gel food coloring
- Preheat oven to 225 F degrees. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. Fit a piping bag with an open star tip and line creases with red gel food coloring about 2 inches from the tip up.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer, beat the egg whites on medium speed until frothy.
- Once frothy, add the cream of tartar and beat until soft peaks form on medium speed.
- Increase speed to medium-high and add the sugar 1 Tbsp at a time until gone. Continue to beat until stiff peaks form.
- Add the peppermint extract and beat until combined.
- Gently scoop meringue into prepared piping bag. Slowly squeeze the bag over the bowl until the meringue comes out with the red line showing.
- Pipe a swirly dollop of meringue onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 45 minutes. DO NOT OPEN THE OVEN WHILE BAKING and COOLING!
- After the 45 minutes, turn the oven off. Let the meringues cool completely in the oven - at least 1 hour.
Recipe slightly adapted from i am baker
Amount Per Serving Calories 0Total Fat 0g
Want more cookies?Here is the complete list of the 12 Days of Cookies!
- Day 1 – Frosted Sugar Cookies
- Day 2 – Christmas Tree Peanut Butter Blossoms
- Day 3 – Holiday Spritz
- Day 4 – Russian Tea Cakes
- Day 5 – Holi-Doodles
- Day 6 – Haystacks
- Day 7 – Lebkuchen
- Day 8 – Molasses Cookies
- Day 9 – Raspberry Thumbprints
- Day 10 – Peppermint Meringues
- Day 11 – Lemon Ricotta Cookies
- Day 12 – Peppermint Chocolate Cookies