Topped with a giant kiss, these Deluxe Cookie Butter Blossoms are the perfect twist on a classic blossom cookie.
The inspiration for these cookie butter blossoms came from the Hershey’s Kisses Deluxe Chocolates Gift Box. Several Christmas’ ago, I saw them while shopping and couldn’t stop thinking about it!
These deluxe Hershey kisses are three times the size of a traditional chocolate kiss and are filled with whole hazelnuts. Epic if you ask me… and I knew I had to use them.
What a better way to utilize a chocolate kiss than in a blossom cookie!
These Deluxe Cookie Butter Blossoms aren’t the first of this style of cookie I’ve made.
There’s a blossom cookie for everyone!
For this recipe, I used my peanut butter blossom cookie recipe and adapted it for these cookies.
The dough of the cookie is essentially the same replacing the peanut butter for cookie butter and rolling in dark brown coarse sugar rather than granulated white sugar.
The cookies themselves are also larger to accommodate for the size of the chocolate kiss which means more cookie to enjoy! YES!
The recipe for the dough of this cookie would be a great alternative for a person with nut allergies.
They could still enjoy a blossom cookie without the nuts by simple using cookie butter and a nut-free chocolate on top!
No more having to skip out on these holiday cookies anymore!
- ½ cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- ¾ cup Cookie Butter (Biscoff or Speculoos)
- ⅓ cup sugar
- ⅓ cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 egg
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup coarse brown sugar (like demura or turbinado), for rolling
- 24 Deluxe Hershey Kisses filled with Hazelnuts
- Preheat oven to 375°F and line cookie sheet with parchment paper. Remove wrappers from chocolates.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer, beat butter and cookie butter together until well blended.
- Add sugars and beat for 2-3 minutes until fluffy.
- Add egg and vanilla; beat well.
- In another bowl, sift together flour, baking soda and salt. Slowly add it to the wet mixture and mix until just combined.
- Shape dough into 2-inch balls. Roll each ball in dark brown sugar sugar and place on prepared cookie sheet.
- Bake about 10 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Immediately press a chocolate into center of each cookie; cookie will crack around edges. Remove from cookie sheet to wire rack to cool completely.