I made a cake recently and garnished it with homemade mint chocolate chip bark. It was so super simple and so super easy yet so super yummy that I thought it deserved it’s on post.
There are really only three things you need to make this bark – chocolate, mint extract and green food coloring gel. It takes about 10 minutes plus a little more for the chocolate to set up and BAM – you’ve got chocolate bark.
Not only could you use this to top a cake or cupcakes – but this would make a great teacher gift, topping for ice cream or in your coffee. Really the possibilities are endless!
- 1 cup Hershey's mint chocolate chips
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- Wilton Food Coloring Gel - Green
- 1 oz semi-sweet chocolate, finely chopped
- parchment paper
- Melt the semi-sweet chocolate using a double boiler.
- Spread the chocolate in an 8x8 square on a piece of parchment paper. Place in freezer to set up - about 5 minutes.
- While that is setting up, melt the white chocolate in a double boiler. Mix in a small amount of green gel.
- Spread the white chocolate over the semi-sweet chocolate.
- Sprinkle chocolate chip chunks over the white chocolate.
- Put back in the freezer to harden - about 1 hour.
- Chop into chunks.
Amount Per Serving Calories 0Total Fat 0g