We don’t get many specialty items at the PX here in Germany. We’ve got the standard bags of candy and seasonal stuff, but when it comes to unique flavors and new items, we don’t tend to see it much. SO, when I spotted a bag Raspberry Dark Chocolate M&Ms I snatched them up immediately to bake into cookies! I mean, seriously… how could I not?
After opening the bag to sample one – I ended up sampling half the bag and was forced to go back to the store and buy another one. I think everyone else in Grafenwoehr had the same idea I did, cause there was only one bag left! ACK! Luckily though, I have plenty to make these cookies.
The base for these cookies is a dark chocolate cookie… which, by itself is pretty darn delicious. It’s fudgey, soft and almost like a brownie. But, you know me… I have to kick things up a notch! So along with the Raspberry M&Ms, I added some espresso powder and extra dark chocolate chunks to the batter to intensify the chocolate flavor. I think it worked.
If you come across these Raspberry Dark Chocolate M&Ms… snatch up a couple bags and make these cookies. They won’t disappoint you!
PS… You’ll need a big glass of milk with these! YUM!
Chewy, fudgey, brownie like cookies with chunks of dark chocolate and Raspberry Dark Chocolate M&Ms.
- 1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 3/4 cup flour
- 1 cup dark chocolate cocoa powder (I used Hershey's)
- 1 tsp espresso powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 8oz bag Raspberry Dark Chocolate M&Ms (plus more for garnish - optional)
- 1 cup dark chocolate chunks (plus more for garnish - optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 F degrees. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream together the butter and sugars until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs one at a time and mix well after each addition. Beat in the vanilla.
- In a medium bowl, sift together the flour, cocoa powder, espresso powder, salt and baking soda.
- On low, incorporate the flour into the wet ingredients until it comes together. Scrape the sides of the bowl and mix until no more flour is visible.
- Fold in the 8oz bag of M&Ms and the dark chocolate chunks.
- Drop golf ball size rounds of dough onto your prepared cookie sheet.
- Press 5-6 m&m's and chocolate chunks onto the top of each ball. This step is optional, but it makes for a really pretty cookie.
- Bake cookies for 9-10 minutes. Do not over bake. Let cool on pan for 1-2 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Store in an air-tight container for up to 4 days.