Need a dessert to bring to your 4th of July party? This simply delicious Patriotic Sugar Cookie Cake made white chocolate chips and red, white and blue sprinkles is the perfect Independence Day dessert!
This year I’m hosing a HUGE July 4th Celebration at the Armed Forces Retirement Home in Washington, DC. I’m expecting about 3000 people to attend to enjoy food vendors, music, entertainment, carnival games and fireworks!
I don’t have to cook or bake for the celebration, however that won’t stop me from making this super cute Patriotic Sugar Cookie Cake for my kids to enjoy in the days leading up to the 4th of July!
What I love most about this dessert is how incredibly quick and easy it is to put together and bake.
The ingredients are ones that I always have on hand in my pantry so I don’t have to run to the store to pick up supplies to make.
The second thing I love about this dessert is that it’s a one-bowl recipe. Ingredients don’t need to be measured out into other bowls which means less mess, less clean up and easy baking!
My husband loves this recipe because of the white chocolate chips. You could easily substitute milk or dark chocolate chips, however the patriotic sprinkles wouldn’t stand out as much as with white chocolate chips. Making my husband love this recipe is a win in my book because he rarely likes dessert.
So what exactly is a cookie cake, you may be asking? It’s a dessert that is made with a cookie batter base but baked in a cake tin. It’s thick and rich like a cookie, but cuts like a cake into slices!
Frosting. The frosting totes makes this dessert a cake too! Lots and lots of sweet, creamy buttercream frosting decorating the top of this cookie transforms it into a decadent cake!
And the sprinkles make this dessert patriotically perfect.
Don’t you think? I mean, everything is better with sprinkles!
I think I’ll just serve myself up a big slice, grab a glass of milk and enjoy!
Nothing better than a Patriotic Sugar Cookie Cake for the 4th of July!
No matter what you’re doing to celebrate the Independence of the United State of America, celebrate it with a deliciously simple Patriotic Sugar Cookie Cake!
This simply delicious Patriotic Sugar Cookie Cake made white chocolate chips and red, white and blue sprinkles is the perfect Independence Day dessert!
- 10 tbsp unsalted butter
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp cream of tartar
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- ¼ cup red/white/blue sprinkles
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 ½ cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare a 9-inch spring form pan by spraying the bottom and sides with non-stick spray.
- Combine the butter and sugar in a medium bowl and mix until smooth. Add in the egg, vanilla, baking soda, salt and cream of tartar. Mix until well combined. Slowly add in the flour and mix until fully incorporated. Fold in the white chocolate chips.
- Pour the batter into your prepared spring form pan and press to the edges. Top with a few more white chocolate chips for presentation.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes, just until edges are a golden brown color. Remove from the oven and allow cooling for 15 minutes. Then, remove the spring form side and allow the cake to cool completely before frosting.
- With a stand mixer or a hand mixer, combine the butter and powdered sugar. Add in the salt, vanilla and heavy cream. Mix everything until it’s smooth and creamy.
- Scoop into a piping bag with a 1m tip and decorate your cake.
- Top with sprinkles before the icing sets.