Take your banana bread to the next level by making this simple, delicious Pumpkin Banana Bread with a Chocolate Glaze! It’s moist, flavorful and so easy to make!
I’ve teamed up with 25 amazing bloggers to bring you this mouthwatering round-up of incredible Thanksgiving recipes!
So make sure to scroll down to see all the amazing recipes, visit their blogs and enter to win!
I had a few bananas that needed to be made into bread but was tired of the same ole recipe. So, for this bread since it was just about to be pumpkin season, I thought why don’t I add pumpkin to my traditional batter and see how that turns out? The result was fantastic and really got me excited for all the amazing fall food to come!
And that’s what I did!
This recipe made one large loaf and one smaller one to share with a friend. You can see in the picture above the two sizes I got. I’m sure you could use two medium size pans to get two of the same size or several small ones or even fill up the big one to the brim!
Adding a chocolate glaze to the top of my was an after thought, but boy am I glad I did! That bit of extra bitter sweetness is the perfect decadence that makes this bread really special!
That and I used my beautiful new Bavarian porcelain china to enjoy a slice of bread and a cup of tea. Everything tastes better when it’s served on something pretty!
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie mix)
- 2 large bananas, mashed
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 50g dark chocolate, chopped
- 50g heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees. Grease, flour and line with parchment paper one large 9x5in loaf pan. Prep a second, smaller pan (whatever you have on hand) the same way. This recipe makes enough for one large loaf with some leftover for a smaller as well.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer, cream together the butter and sugar for 1 minute. Add the eggs and vanilla and beat together for 2 minutes until light and fluffy.
- Mix in the pumpkin puree and the mashed bananas until incorporated. Make sure to scrape the sides of the bowl to ensure everything is mixed together.
- In another bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and pumpkin pie spice. Add this to the wet mixture in two parts mixing until just combined. Do not over mix!
- Pour about 2/3 of the batter into the large prepared pan or enough to fill leaving about 3/4in of the pan free. Pour the remaining in the smaller pan.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick comes out of the center clean. If you underbake the bread will fall in the center. The smaller loaf will take less time, check after 20-30 minutes.
- Allow the breads to cool in the pan for 5 minutes before removing to cool completely on a wire rack.
- Once cool, melt together the milk and the chocolate slowly in a microwave until smooth. (20 second increments and mix after each, it won't take long)
- Pour the chocolate over the loaves and spread gently to the edges. You want most of the chocolate on the top, not the sides. Do not slice until the chocolate has set.
Click on each image or link to check out the recipe & enter to win their giveaway! Remember, more than $1250 in prizes are up for grabs!
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies by The JavaCupcake Blog
- Homemade Orange Cider Cranberry Sauce via The Snappy Gourmet
- Cheesy Garlic Herb Potatoes and Squash via Sugar Dish Me
- 5-Ingredient Pecan Pie Fudge via Texanerin Baking
- Brussels Sprouts and Farro Salad via Lemons for Lulu
- Sweet Potato Cheesecake via Cookie Dough and Oven Mitt
- Roasted Butternut Squash and Cranberry Side Dish via Cooking on the Front Burner
- Fig and Goat Cheese Ball via Eat. Drink. Love
- Overnight Pumpkin Monkey Bread via Barbara Bakes
- Classic Apple Pie via Comfortable Domestic
- Acorn Squash Puree via Daily Appetite
- Pumpkin Banana Bread via Java Cupcake
- Green Beans with Almonds and Bacon via From Valerie’s Kitchen
- Classic Pecan Pie via That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Turkey Tenderloins with Mushroom Shallot Tarragon Gravy via All Roads Lead to the Kitchen
- Sweet Potato Casserole Donut Holes via Cupcake Project
- Maple Mashed Sweet Potatoes via Chocolate Slopes
- Triple Spice Pumpkin Buttermilk Pie via Frugal Foodie Mama
- Homemade Cranberry Sauce via The Adventure Bite
- Twice Baked Potatoes via My Gluten Free Kitchen
- Green Bean Quinoa Casserole via Lauren Kelly Nutrition
- Warm Sweet Potato, Bacon, and Leek Salad with Cheddar Biscuit Breadcrumbs via Sarcastic Cooking
- Pumpkin Slab Pie via The Kitchen is My Playground
- Prosciutto Wrapped Parmesan Pears & Greens via The Complete Savorist
- Cranberry Apple Charlotte via The Redhead Baker
- Pumpkin Ricotta Chocolate Chip Bread via Ari’s Menu
I’m giving away a $50 Starbucks Gift Card to one lucky JavaCupcake reader! Open to anyone who can use this gift card in the USA. Fill out the entry form below to qualify.