With a soft, cake like texture Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies are a perfect Fall treat! Loaded with chocolate chips and pumpkin flavor… they are sure to please everyone!
A couple weeks ago I had a pumpkin chocolate chip cookie at the Proctor Farmers market that was so good. The pumpkin and spiced paired with chocolate was a perfect combination. The flavors played off each other really bringing out the spices and the rich flavor of the chocolate.
These cookies aren’t your traditional chewy cookies, they are softer, more cake like. And right out of the oven, still warm, they are like little bites of spice filled heaven!
These would also be good with oats added for a little crunch. The ones I had at the farmers market had oats in them. And for even healthier version, 1/2 whole wheat flour would be a good addition too!
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 15oz can pumpkin puree
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon - heaping
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- ½ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- ½ teaspoon all spice
- 1 12 oz ban mini semi-sweet chocolate morsels
- Nonstick spray or parchment paper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray cookie sheets with nonstick spray OR line with parchment paper.
- Using an electric mixer with the paddle attachment, cream the butter until smooth.
- Add the sugars and beat until light and fluffy; about 3 minutes.
- While the butter/sugar is beating, in a large bowl, whisk together the flour, spices, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- Add the eggs one at a time to the butter/sugar and mix until flight and fluffy again.
- Mix in the vanilla and pumpkin until just incorporated.
- In thirds with the mixer on low speed, add the flour mixture. Scrape down the sides of the bowl between each addition. Mix until just incorporated.
- Fold in by hand the chocolate chips.
- Using a small ice cream scoop (1 in), scoop the cookie dough (a heaping tablespoon) onto prepared sheets.
- Bake 10-13 minutes or until they cookies are spongy to the touch and are a golden brown.
- When removing from the oven, let the cookies stand on the sheet for 2 minutes before removing them to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Eat them warm!