This post and recipe was created for #SummerDessertWeek! I was sent samples by some of the sponsor companies but as always opinions are 100% mine.
Welcome to the first #SummerDessertWeek event hosted by Angie from Big Bear’s Wife. We’re so glad that you’ve joined us for this week long event of desserts and giveaways.
You’re going to love what we have in store for you.
There are 25 amazing bloggers participating in this year’s event! Throughout the week we’ll be share tons of fantastic summer dessert recipes with you. With over 70 recipes being shared this week we just know that you’re going to find a new summer favorite! Plus, don’t forget that we have 6 (six) great giveaways for you this week thanks to our amazing sponsors!
Scroll down to the bottom to take a look!
For me, summer isn’t complete without ice cream. Lots and lots of ice cream! However, since I’m kinda obsessed with cupcakes I figured why not combine the two and make Ice Cream Cone Cupcakes!
I’ve had a cupcake cone baking rack sitting in my closet for a couple years now and just never got around to using it. #SummerDessertWeek was the perfect reason to combine my love ice cream and cupcakes and use the rack!
My Ice Cream Cone Cupcakes are super simple to make because I combine store ready and homemade. To me, just because I use a box mix doesn’t make my dessert any less amazing or homemade! I just think of it as a time and sanity saving measure!
The sponsored products from our #SummerDessertWeek that I used in my Ice Cream Cone Cupcakes are:
At first, my kids didn’t think these were actually make of cake and frosting, they thought they were real ice cream cones!
It wasn’t until I turned the cones sideways and showed them they didn’t fall apart that they believed me!
So, if you’re wanting a fun dessert this summer for your kids, make my super cute, super delicious Ice Cream Cone Cupcakes!
Photos by: Frenchly Photography
- 1 box funfetti cake mix + ingredients to make it listed on on the box
- 24 ice cream cones
- cupcake cone baking rack
- ½ cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1lb powdered sugar
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- gel food coloring in pink, teal, and purple
- Sweet Treats sprinkles
- Wilton 1M piping tip & disposable piping bags
- Preheat oven then make the cake batter according to directions on the box.
- Place the cupcake cone baking rack on a baking sheet and insert the cones. Fill each cone half way with batter. Bake according to cupcake instructions on the box.
- Once out of the oven, cool completely before frosting.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer, cream the butter until smooth.
- Add the powdered sugar and vanilla extract plus ¼ cup of heavy cream. Beat until smooth making sure to scrape the bowl.
- Add enough of the remaining heavy cream until you reach your desired consistency of buttercream.
- Separate buttercream into 4 bowls. Using the gel coloring, color 3 of the bowls leaving 1 white.
- Fill the piping bag with frosting fitted with a 1M piping tip. For a swirl color, add two colors to the bag.
- Pipe swirls of frosting on top of each cupcake cone.
- Decorate with Sweet Treats sprinkles!
Check out the amazing #SummerDessertWeek recipes from our bloggers today!
Ice Cream Recipes:
- No Churn Strawberry Cheesecake Ice Cream from Big Bear’s Wife
- No Churn Cherry Crisp Ice Cream from Miss in the Kitchen
- No-Churn Peanut Butter Lovers Ice Cream from Home Sweet Homestead
- No Churn Banana Walnut Ice Cream from Kudos Kitchen by Renee
- Grilled Pineapple Ring Rum Sundae from Daily Dish Recipes
- Creamy No Churn Peach Ice Cream from 4 Sons ‘R’ Us
Pies of Summer:
- Lattice Topped Blueberry Peach Pie from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Coconut Key Lime Pie from The Domestic Kitchen
- Berry Cherry Pie from A Blender Mom
Sweet Summertime Cakes:
- Cherry Almond Cake from Food Hunter’s Guide to Cuisine
- Homemade Angel Food Cake with Sugared Berries from Me and My Pink Mixer
- Cherry Vanilla Poke Cake from The Bitter Side of Sweet
- Gooey Nutella Microwave Mug Cake from For the Love of Food
No Bake Treats:
- Churro Bites with Mexican Chocolate Dipping Sauce from Love Bakes Good Cakes
- Ice Cream Cone Cupcakes from The JavaCupcake Blog
- Blueberry Limencello Cobbler from Sweet ReciPeas
- Blueberry Biscuits from Fake Ginger
- Blueberry Crumb Bars from Southern Plate
- Cherry Struesel Muffins from My Baking Heart
- Rustic Cherry Galette from Jen Around the World
- Roasted Cherry Meringue Fool from Cooking In Stilettos
- Cherry Rosemary Cobbler from The Spiffy Cookie
- Cherry Almond Cobbler from Southern From Scratch
Prize #1 — Dixie Crystals is giving one winner a $100 Willimas Sonoma Gift Card OR a $100 Sur la Table! Winner of prize #1 gets to pick which gift card they would like!
Prize #2 — Rainier Fruit is giving one winner a Pie dish, Cherry Pitter, Serving Spatula, Pinch Bowls, Pie Carrier! Everything you need to make the perfect cherry or blueberry pie!
Prize #3– OXO is giving one winner an 8 Piece Glass Bake, Serve & Store Set.
OXO Glass Bakeware is made of thermal shock resistant borosilicate glass, which means it can go from freezer to oven without the need to thaw. The OXO 8 Piece Glass Bake, Serve & Store Set is the perfect partner for all of your baking adventures. The Set includes a Glass 3 Qt Baking Dish, Glass 2 Qt Baking Dish, Glass Loaf Pan, Glass Pie Plate, 1 Cup Round SNAP Container, and 2 Cup Round SNAP Container.
Prize #4 — Adam’s Extract is giving one winner a Pyrex with baking utensils and 4oz Adams Best, 1.5 oz Pure Lemon, Almond, Peppermint and Vanilla.
Prize #5 — General Mills Cereal is giving one winner 4 boxes of cereal, 2 Big G Cereal character bowls, 2 Big G Cereal character , 2 “Good Morning” spoons, 2 Cheerios tumblers with straws 1 long-sleeve Cereal Character hooded t-shirt, 1 short-sleeve Cereal Character t-shirt.
Prize #6 — Land O’Lakes is giving one winner a branded insulated tote with a stainless steel water bottle, two mugs with cocoa mix, a dish towel and coasters.
Giveaway open to US Residents 18 years or older.. All entries will be verified. No PO Boxes Please. Prizes will be sent directly from sponsors to winners, bloggers are not responsible for prizes. This giveaway runs from July 24th until July 30th at 12AMEST. Winners will be selected soon afterwards and contacted by e-mail. Winners will have 48 hours to respond or a new winner will be chosen. There are a total of 6 (six) prizes and therefore we will have a total of 6 (six) winners. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law.
Disclaimer: These posts and recipes are part of the week long event, #SummerDessertWeek but all opinions are 100% mine! We would like Thank our amazing sponsors: Dixie Crystals, Rainier Fruit, OXO, Adam’s Extract, Land O’Lakes and General Mills Cereal! These wonderful sponsors provided the prize packs for our giveaways and also sent samples and products to the #SummerDessertWeek bloggers to use in their recipes.