Tart key limes and farm fresh eggs paired with a buttery crust and smooth whipped cream make this Key Lime Pie the perfect summer dessert!
This post and recipe was created for #SummerDessertWeek! I was sent samples by some of the sponsor companies but as always opinions are 100% mine.
I’m super excited to share this recipe for Key Lime Pie with you because not only is it delicious, but it’s a part of #SummerDessertWeek and my ‘‘Farm to Fork’ series!
Scroll down to the bottom for all the details for #SummerDessertWeek!
For this Key Lime Pie, I used eggs I gathered at Good for You Farm. GFY Farm is a veteran owned small farm in Virginia owned by my friends Marc & Sarah. Marc is a Marine Corps wounded veteran who thrives every day he gets to build and work on his farm.
Sarah turned me on to farm fresh eggs so I knew I had to use them in a Key Lime Pie!
This pie is really simple to make. There are only a few ingredients and takes no skill at all to make. The filling is tart and creamy and paired with the rich buttery crust and smooth, light whipped cream… you can’t go wrong!
The sponsored products from our #SummerDessertWeek that I used in my Key Lime Pie are:
If you don’t have access to fresh eggs from a local farm, no worries… you can still make this pie! Try buying the organic eggs at your local store or maybe look around your area for a farm that sells them. They really do make a magical difference in this recipe!
Photography by: Frenchly PhotographyPrint
- 200 grams (7.1 ounces) graham crackers or vanilla wafers,
- 100 grams (3.5 ounces) unsalted butter, melted
- OXO 20-centimeter (8-inch) pie plate
- 4 egg yolks
- 400 grams (14.1 ounces) condensed milk (or one 397-gram (14-ounce) can)
- Zest and juice of 8 key limes
- 400 milliliters (13.5 ounces) whipped cream
- 10 grams (1 teaspoon) granulated sugar
- Lime zest, for sprinkling
- Place the crackers in a food processor and pulse until crushed but not too fine. Tip into a bowl, add the melted butter, and stir to combine.
- Press the mixture into the base of a 20-centimeter (8-inch) pie tin, pushing it up the sides of the tin to create a crust. Place in the fridge to set.
- Preheat the oven to 150 degrees centigrade/gas mark 2 (300 degrees F).
- Whisk the egg yolks with the condensed milk in a bowl. Add the lime juice and zest and whisk again. Pour into the prepared base.
- Bake until just set, 25 to 30 minutes. The filing will have risen and may have started to color around the edges.
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool at room temperature, then chill in the fridge for at least 2 hours before serving.
- With the whisk attachment on your stand mixer, beat on high the whipped cream and sugar until medium to firm peaks form.
- Cut the pie into wedges and serve with whipped cream and a sprinkling of lime zest
Recipe slightly adapted from Paul Hollywood.
Check out the amazing #SummerDessertWeek recipes from our bloggers today!
Ice Cream Recipes:
Pies of Summer:
- Key Lime Pie from The Java Cupcake Blog
Sweet Summertime Cakes:
- Chocolate Coconut Cream Cake from Food Hunter’s Guide to Cuisine
No Bake Treats:
- No Bake Peaches and Cream Cheesecake from Miss in the Kitchen
- No Bake Berry Icebox Cake from A Blender Mom
- Blueberry Cornbread from For the Love of Food
- Snickerdoodles from Jen Around the World
- Butter Cookies from Bowl Me Over
- Reese’s Puffs Toffee from The Spiffy Cookie
- Cherry Pie Bars from Southern From Scratch
- Mississippi Mud Cookies from Fake Ginger
- Blueberry Cardamom Hand Pies from My Baking Heart
- Summer Berry Dessert Bruschetta from Cooking In Stilettos
- S’mores Crepes from For the Love of Food
Welcome to the first #SummerDessertWeek event hosted by Angie from Big Bear’s Wife.
There are 25 amazing bloggers participating in this year’s event! Throughout the week we’ll be share tons of fantastic summer dessert recipes with you. With over 70 recipes being shared this week we just know that you’re going to find a new summer favorite! Plus, don’t forget that we have 6 (six) great giveaways for you this week thanks to our amazing sponsors!
Prize #1 — Dixie Crystals is giving one winner a $100 Willimas Sonoma Gift Card OR a $100 Sur la Table! Winner of prize #1 gets to pick which gift card they would like!
Prize #2 — Rainier Fruit is giving one winner a Pie dish, Cherry Pitter, Serving Spatula, Pinch Bowls, Pie Carrier! Everything you need to make the perfect cherry or blueberry pie!
Prize #3– OXO is giving one winner an 8 Piece Glass Bake, Serve & Store Set.
OXO Glass Bakeware is made of thermal shock resistant borosilicate glass, which means it can go from freezer to oven without the need to thaw. The OXO 8 Piece Glass Bake, Serve & Store Set is the perfect partner for all of your baking adventures. The Set includes a Glass 3 Qt Baking Dish, Glass 2 Qt Baking Dish, Glass Loaf Pan, Glass Pie Plate, 1 Cup Round SNAP Container, and 2 Cup Round SNAP Container.
Prize #4 — Adam’s Extract is giving one winner a Pyrex with baking utensils and 4oz Adams Best, 1.5 oz Pure Lemon, Almond, Peppermint and Vanilla.
Prize #5 — General Mills Cereal is giving one winner 4 boxes of cereal, 2 Big G Cereal character bowls, 2 Big G Cereal character , 2 “Good Morning” spoons, 2 Cheerios tumblers with straws 1 long-sleeve Cereal Character hooded t-shirt, 1 short-sleeve Cereal Character t-shirt.
Prize #6 — Land O’Lakes is giving one winner a branded insulated tote with a stainless steel water bottle, two mugs with cocoa mix, a dish towel and coasters.
Giveaway open to US Residents 18 years or older.. All entries will be verified. No PO Boxes Please. Prizes will be sent directly from sponsors to winners, bloggers are not responsible for prizes. This giveaway runs from July 24th until July 30th at 12AMEST. Winners will be selected soon afterwards and contacted by e-mail. Winners will have 48 hours to respond or a new winner will be chosen. There are a total of 6 (six) prizes and therefore we will have a total of 6 (six) winners. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law.
Disclaimer: These posts and recipes are part of the week long event, #SummerDessertWeek but all opinions are 100% mine! We would like Thank our amazing sponsors: Dixie Crystals, Rainier Fruit, OXO, Adam’s Extract, Land O’Lakes and General Mills Cereal! These wonderful sponsors provided the prize packs for our giveaways and also sent samples and products to the #SummerDessertWeek bloggers to use in their recipes.