This post and recipe was created for #SummerDessertWeek! I was sent samples by some of the sponsor companies but as always opinions are 100% mine.
Welcome to the first #SummerDessertWeek event hosted by Angie from Big Bear’s Wife. We’re so glad that you’ve joined us for this week long event of desserts and giveaways.
You’re going to love what we have in store for you.
There are 25 amazing bloggers participating in this year’s event! Throughout the week we’ll be share tons of fantastic summer dessert recipes with you.
With over 70 recipes being shared this week we just know that you’re going to find a new summer favorite! Plus, don’t forget that we have 6 (six) great giveaways for you this week thanks to our amazing sponsors!
Scroll down to the bottom to take a look!
For me, summer isn’t complete without ice cream. Lots and lots of ice cream! However, since I’m kinda obsessed with cupcakes I figured why not combine the two and make Ice Cream Cone Cupcakes!
I’ve had a cupcake cone baking rack sitting in my closet for a couple years now and just never got around to using it.
#SummerDessertWeek was the perfect reason to combine my love ice cream and cupcakes and use the rack!
My Ice Cream Cone Cupcakes are super simple to make because I combine store ready and homemade.
To me, just because I use a box mix doesn’t make my dessert any less amazing or homemade! I just think of it as a time and sanity saving measure!
The sponsored products from our #SummerDessertWeek that I used in my Ice Cream Cone Cupcakes are:
- Dixie Crystals powdered sugar
- Land O’ Lakes unsalted butter
At first, my kids didn’t think these were actually make of cake and frosting, they thought they were real ice cream cones!
It wasn’t until I turned the cones sideways and showed them they didn’t fall apart that they believed me!
So, if you’re wanting a fun dessert this summer for your kids, make my super cute, super delicious Ice Cream Cone Cupcakes!
Photos by: Frenchly Photography
Ice Cream Cone Cupcakes
Ice Cream Cone Cupcakes
- 1 box funfetti cake mix + ingredients to make it listed on on the box
- 24 ice cream cones
- cupcake cone baking rack
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1lb powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- gel food coloring in pink, teal, and purple
- Sweet Treats sprinkles
- Wilton 1M piping tip & disposable piping bags
- Preheat oven then make the cake batter according to directions on the box.
- Place the cupcake cone baking rack on a baking sheet and insert the cones. Fill each cone half way with batter. Bake according to cupcake instructions on the box.
- Once out of the oven, cool completely before frosting.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer, cream the butter until smooth.
- Add the powdered sugar and vanilla extract plus 1/4 cup of heavy cream. Beat until smooth making sure to scrape the bowl.
- Add enough of the remaining heavy cream until you reach your desired consistency of buttercream.
- Separate buttercream into 4 bowls. Using the gel coloring, color 3 of the bowls leaving 1 white.
- Fill the piping bag with frosting fitted with a 1M piping tip. For a swirl color, add two colors to the bag.
- Pipe swirls of frosting on top of each cupcake cone.
- Decorate with Sweet Treats sprinkles!
Check out the amazing #SummerDessertWeek recipes from our bloggers today!
Ice Cream Recipes:
No Churn Strawberry Cheesecake Ice Cream from Big Bear’s Wife
No Churn Cherry Crisp Ice Cream from Miss in the Kitchen
No-Churn Peanut Butter Lovers Ice Cream from Home Sweet Homestead
No Churn Banana Walnut Ice Cream from Kudos Kitchen by Renee
Grilled Pineapple Ring Rum Sundae from Daily Dish Recipes
Creamy No Churn Peach Ice Cream from 4 Sons ‘R’ Us
Pies of Summer:
Lattice Topped Blueberry Peach Pie from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
Coconut Key Lime Pie from The Domestic Kitchen
Berry Cherry Pie from A Blender Mom
Sweet Summertime Cakes:
Cherry Almond Cake from Food Hunter’s Guide to Cuisine
Homemade Angel Food Cake with Sugared Berries from Me and My Pink Mixer
Cherry Vanilla Poke Cake from The Bitter Side of Sweet
Gooey Nutella Microwave Mug Cake from For the Love of Food
No Bake Treats:
Blueberry Coconut Gelato Pie from The Whimsy One
Blueberry Parfait from Bowl Me Over
Churro Bites with Mexican Chocolate Dipping Sauce from Love Bakes Good Cakes
Ice Cream Cone Cupcakes from The JavaCupcake Blog
Blueberry Limencello Cobbler from Sweet ReciPeas
Blueberry Biscuits from Fake Ginger
Blueberry Crumb Bars from Southern Plate
Cherry Struesel Muffins from My Baking Heart
Rustic Cherry Galette from Jen Around the World
Roasted Cherry Meringue Fool from Cooking In Stilettos
Cherry Rosemary Cobbler from The Spiffy Cookie
Cherry Almond Cobbler from Southern From Scratch
Disclaimer: These posts and recipes are part of the week long event, #SummerDessertWeek but all opinions are 100% mine!
We would like Thank our amazing sponsors: Dixie Crystals, Rainier Fruit, OXO, Adam’s Extract, Land O’Lakes and General Mills Cereal!
These wonderful sponsors provided the prize packs for our giveaways and also sent samples and products to the #SummerDessertWeek bloggers to use in their recipes.
Nancy | The Bitter Side of Sweet
Sunday 6th of August 2017
These are just gorgeous!
Tuesday 1st of August 2017
These are the cutest cupcakes I have ever seen. I must make these with my grandkids.
Saturday 29th of July 2017
Erin @ The Spiffy Cookie
Thursday 27th of July 2017
This is such a classic fun treat it never gets old!
Wednesday 26th of July 2017
I'm truly amazed at this Ice Cream Cone Cupcakes concept. Definitely going to be a great hit every time, especially at kids parties. Why can't we from India participate in your generous giveaways? I really look forward to them. I'd enjoy a peach based dessert, be it a pie or an ice cream.