When you’ve only got 5 minutes in the morning to grab breakfast, this 5 Minute Breakfast Sandwich will do the trick!
OXO provided me with these products, however the opinions are all mine.
One breakfast my family is known for making on road trips is breakfast sandwiches. My husband typically cooks them while the girls are getting ready and has them wrapped up and ready as we hit the road. However, road trips aren’t the only time that we want breakfast sandwiches.
My teenage daughter hates making breakfast in the morning. Unless I’ve got something quick for her to eat in the morning, she’d rather go without. When OXO asked if I wanted to try out some of their products to make breakfast easier, I jumped on the chance to recreate our favorite breakfast sandwich for her!
To make this 5 Minute Breakfast Sandwich, you’ll need the following OXO products:
First up is the egg for the sandwich. We love eggs and salsa in our family, so I whipped up 2 eggs, salt, pepper, milk and salsa together in the OXO Microwave Egg Cooker. The Cooker has a wide opening for whisking scrambled eggs in the bowl and a removable base to easily transfer your eggs to the muffin. Super easy to use!
As the eggs are in the microwave cooking, I prep the bacon. I cut a few thick slices in half, season them with pepper, and lay them on the OXO Microwave Bacon Crisper. The adjustable kickstand allows grease to drain into the built-in reservoir for healthier, crispier bacon in minutes.
As soon as the eggs have finished cooking, I pop a slice of cheese on top, close the Cooker lid and put the bacon in the microwave to cook.
The Kettle is cordless when removed from the base, with a silicone surface so you can bring it to the table without worrying about damaging surfaces. The Twisting Tea Ball makes it easy to scoop up the desired amount of loose leaf tea, and the twisting feature ensures the leaves stay in the ball.
And in 5 minutes, I’ve got a delicious breakfast sandwich and a hot cup of tea ready for my daughter to enjoy before school.
Wait… who am I kidding? I don’t get up that early for my 17-year-old! She’s making this all on her own! Yes! These OXO products make it easy for my daughter to make her own hot, delicious 5 Minute Breakfast Sandwich and Tea anytime she wants!
- 2 eggs
- 1 slice of cheese
- 2 Tbsp salsa
- 1 Tbsp milk
- 2 slices thick cut bacon
- loose leaf tea
- Remove cheese, eggs, and milk from the fridge.
- Fill OXO Clarity Adjustable Temperature Kettle with water and set to desired temperature to turn on.
- Split English muffin in half and start toasting it in your toaster.
- Lay 2 pieces of bacon onto the OXO Microwave Bacon Crisper and generously pepper both sides. Set crisper aside.
- Crack 2 eggs into the OXO Microwave Egg Cooker and add the milk, 1 Tbsp salsa and salt/pepper to taste. Mix together with a fork until combined. Cook in microwave according to directions on the OXO packaging. Once the egg is fully cooked, remove the cooker from the microwave and place a piece of cheese on top of the egg. Put the lid down so that the heat stays inside and the cheese melts.
- Cook the bacon on the crisper in the microwave according to the directions on the OXO packaging. Carefully remove the crisper from the microwave once the bacon has reached your desired crispness.
- Open the English muffin onto your plate and place the egg/cheese on one half. Layer the bacon on and finish off with another Tbsp of salsa. Put the second half of the muffin on top.
- Once the hot water has reached the desired temperature, use the OXO Twisting Tea Ball to scoop the loose leaf tea.
- Pour the hot water into a mug and place the tea ball in the hot water. Wait a few minutes and remove the ball from the hot water.
- Serve your 5 Minute Breakfast Sandwich with a side of fruit and hot tea for a complete, simple, delicious breakfast!