Yup, this week is all Snickerdoodles, all week long. But… what’s a Snickerdoodle party if the crazy cousin doesn’t show up!? HA! Tonight, the m&m filled sugar cookie came to the party!
This sugar cookie is made a lot like a Snickerdoodle is. It’s got cream of tartar and it’s rolled in sugar but… it’s got a bit of a twist. You see, this cookie is filled with delicious chocolate. Not just any chocolate, but M&M’s chocolate! Little yummies of chocolate with a chocolate shell baked perfectly into a sugar cookie bliss.
Food has never tasted so good! Especially when you bite into one of these amazing cookies. The combination of flavors is out of this world and will have your taste buds singing. So what are you waiting for? Go make some of these scrumptious cookies for yourself and enjoy!
Don’t be fooled though. These aren’t your typical sugar cookies that you’ll see on the Christmas table covered in frosting. These have a bit different flavor and texture. More like the Snickerdoodle. You can’t quite put your finger on it, but there’s just something different about it. I think that’s why I love this cookie so much. It’s just a little bit different.
JavaCupcake’s Sugar M&M Cookies
Makes 2 dozen cookies
1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
3/4 cup sugar
1 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cream of tartar
dash of salt
1 cup M&Ms
1/4 cup sugar – for rolling
- Preheat oven to 350 F degrees. Line cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In a stand mixer cream the butter and sugar for about 3 minutes or until fluffy.
- Add the eggs and vanilla and mix for 2 more minutes.
- In a separate bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder and soda, cream of tartar and salt. Add to the butter mixture and mix until well combined.
- With a wooden spoon, gently mix in the M&M just until combined. You don’t want to break your candy!
- Scoop balls of dough using a 1 inch ice cream scoop. Roll the dough in a ball then coat with sugar. Place balls on cookie sheet and gently press down. TIP: Try and place the side of the cookie with the most M&M’s at the surface of the dough to get lots of color showing once they bake!
- Bake for 8-9 minutes or until you see the cookies start to crack. Take them out of the oven and let them finish cooking on the hot sheet for about 5 minutes.
- Remove from the cookie sheet onto a wire rack to finish cooling.