These caramel swirl cheesecake cupcakes are mini bites of cheesecake heaven and I can’t wait for you to try them!
Hi! My name is Mary and I blog over at Barefeet In The Kitchen. I’m excited to be sharing one of our favorite sweets with you today. Thanks to Betsy for being gracious enough to share her space with me!
These Caramel Swirl Cheesecake Cupcakes start with smooth and creamy cheesecake over a simple graham cracker crust, then they are topped with a swirl of caramel sauce just before baking. Homemade caramel sauce is a breeze to make and if you don’t already have a favorite recipe, I highly recommend Vanilla Bean Salted Caramel Sauce. If you’re in a hurry though, a store-bought caramel will work beautifully as well.
While the cupcakes are pretty spectacular on their own, for an extra special dessert, I like to top them with a generous drizzle of warm caramel just before serving.
Here are a few more cheesecake recipes you might like:
Very Berry Cheesecake by Java Cupcake
Whipped Chocolate Cheesecake Parfaits by Chocolate, Chocolate and More
No-Bake Cheesecake by Shugary Sweets
Mini Peanut Butter Cheesecakes by Texanerin
Cherry Cheesecake Eggrolls by Cook Crave Inspire
Key Lime Cheesecake by Crazy for Crust
- 1½ cups graham cracker crumbs, about 10 crackers worth (gluten free crackers work fine)
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- ¼ cup light brown sugar
- 24 ounces cream cheese
- ¾ cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 eggs
- Vanilla Bean Salted Caramel Sauce or your favorite store-bought caramel sauce
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Mix together the graham cracker crumbs, brown sugar and butter. Scoop 1 tablespoon of the crust mixture into the bottom of each cupcake liner. Press down the mixture with a small measuring cup or the bottom of a drinking glass. Bake for 5 minutes and then remove from the oven.
- Beat the cream cheese until it is smooth. Add the sugar and beat for about a minute to combine. Add the vanilla and then the eggs, one a time. Beating until the mixture is smooth again between each egg. Scoop 3-4 tablespoons of the filling over the slightly cooled crusts. Smooth slightly or tap the tray to spread across the crusts. Drizzle 1 teaspoon of caramel over the top of each cupcake and then swirl lightly with a toothpick.
- Bake for 22 minutes and then remove from the oven. The cupcakes will be puffy and rounded when you remove them from the oven, they will sink as they cool. Let cool at room temperature for about an hour. Then transfer to the refrigerator and chill for at least 4 hours. Drizzle with additional warm caramel sauce just before serving, if desired. Enjoy!