Simple ingredients & easy preparation make these chocolate & mint cookies out of this world delicious!
This is a guest post from Heather at My Life Well Loved. A big THANK YOU to Heather for proving this super delicious cookie recipe for my JavaCupcake readers! Heather is a 20-something Southen Belle who loves to blog about healthy living, her great sense of style, social media and her life with her sweet husband. If you’d like to learn more about Heather, make sure to check out her blog or you can find her on Facebook too!
I am so thankful that Betsy is allowing me to guest post here at Java Cupcake today! I am Heather and I blog at My Life Well Loved about healthy living, marriage, living your life to the fullest and healthy, easy recipes. Well, most of the time! And then I splurge on little treats like these amazing Creamy Mint Cookies I’m sharing with you today!
I LOVE Andes Mints, I mean…really, who doesn’t? Now, can you imagine combining Andes mints with cookies? It doesn’t get much better than that! These cookies are to die for! If you thought you loved cookies before, just imagine icing them with melted Andes mints. That’s exactly what happens in this delicious cookie recipe.
This was the first cookie I made successfully as a newlywed around 4 years ago. For some reason, I really struggled to get my cookies to be the right consistency until I found this bad boy. My husband likes it so much, he asked me to make them again. I hope you enjoy these cookies as much as we did!
Doesn’t this picture just make you want to dive in and lick those melty minty chocolate morsels? I hope you truly enjoy this recipe and come visit me over at my blog, My Life Well Loved! Please leave me a comment or follow along with me on Pinterest and I look forward to connecting with you!
*If you find where this recipe is from, please let me know. I cannot remember where I found it.
- 1 box Devil’s Food Cake Mix
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 tsp chocolate extract
- 2 eggs
- Andes mints
- Preheat oven to 350 F degrees. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk together cake mix, oil, chocolate extract & eggs together. '
- Drop spoonfuls of dough onto baking sheet.
- Bake at 350 for 6 minutes.
- Immediately press an unwrapped Andes mint onto each cookie while still hot. Allow to stand for 5 minutes then smooth out the soft mint with the back of a spoon to cover the cookie.
- Remove to a wire rack to cool completely.