This post has been sponsored Pillsbury™. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
The simplest recipes sometimes make the best recipes and that’s no exception for these delicious Peanut Butter Cupcakes!
When Pillsbury™ asked if I wanted to try their new Peanut Butter Frosting made with real Jif® Peanut Butter I said ABSOLUTELY… yes yes yes!
I’ve been a Jif® Peanut Butter eater my entire adult life. In fact, it was a conscious decision as an adult to only eat Jif® because as a child my parents only bought the store brand peanut butter.
As I was planning for these cupcakes, it occurred to me that I have never made Peanut Butter Cupcakes to share on TJCB before. I’ve made peanut butter and chocolate cupcakes many times, but never peanut butter cake topped with peanut butter frosting.
Now was definitely the time to create the perfect Peanut Butter Cupcakes recipe!
The Pillsbury™ Peanut Butter Frosting made with real Jif® Peanut Butter I used to make these cupcakes is being sold at all Kroger (or Fred Meyer/Ralphs) stores in the baking aisle. I found my frosting right next to the rest of the Pillsbury™ pre-made canned frosting. Find your local Kroger store here and you can get a coupon here!
Let me tell you about this Peanut Butter Frosting.
You all know that I have a world-famous recipe for peanut butter frosting… this Pillsbury™ frosting is JUST AS GOOD! It’s full of Jif® Peanut Butter flavor without being too sweet.
It’s super soft frosting which means it will work great as a dip for fruits like apples or cookies like vanilla wafers.
And now… let me tell you about these cupcakes!
These Peanut Butter Cupcakes are a peanut butter lover’s dream! The cake is dense, moist, and absolutely full of peanut butter flavor!
The peanut butter frosting swirled on top makes these cupcakes simply delicious.
If I’m being completely honest here, I totally let my kids take a big spoon full of frosting out of the container. Ok, who am I kidding… I took a big spoon full of frosting for myself too!
I sent these cupcakes to work with my husband and they were gone before their lunch break was over!
The next time you need a quick, simple, cupcake recipe… head over to Kroger and pick up a container of Pillsbury™ Peanut Butter Frosting made with real Jif® Peanut Butter. (PS… this frosting comes in Chocolate Peanut Butter too!)
Thanks to Kroger, I’ve got a coupon for you too! (insert coupon link here)
- 160g all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 170g Jif® creamy peanut butter
- 115g unsalted butter, room temperature
- 150g dark brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 60ml milk
- 2 containers Pillsbury™ Peanut Butter Frosting made with real Jif® Peanut Butter
- piping bag & medium open star piping tip
- Preheat oven to 350F and line cupcake pan with liners.
- In a bowl, sift together the flour, baking power and salt and set aside.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer, combine the butter, peanut butter, sugar, and vanilla and mix for 2 minutes on medium-high speed. Stop 1-2 times to scrape the bowl.
- Add the eggs one at a time and mix until combined after each. Scrape the bowl again and mix on medium-high for 1 minute.
- Add half the flour and mix on low until just combined.
- Add the remaining flour and fold in using a spatula. Scrape the bowl.
- Fill the cupcake liners evenly with batter. The batter will be thick.
- Bake for 23-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Don’t be tempted to take them out early – they will be under-baked!
- Allow to cool completely.
- Fill the piping bag fitted with the open star tip with Pillsbury™ Peanut Butter Frosting made with real Jif® Peanut Butter.
- Pipe swirls of frosting onto each cupcake.