Today is a special day on TJCB! Mr. JavaCupcake is taking over and sharing with you a recipe he developed and baked himself! Without further ado… say hello to my husband, Dave!
Hi! I’m Mr. JavaCupcake, also known as deadcat, also known as Betsy’s husband, Dave. Today I’m sharing with you some cookies I made with my wife. Oreo Cookie Dough Sandwich Cookies.
The last two years have been pretty rough on my wife. Because of my combat PTSD and everything that comes with it, my wife has had to endure some things that no wife should ever have to deal with. The effects of war reached far beyond me to my wife and children. However, Betsy did deal with it. She stood by me… every day.
The weekend I made these cookies, I had decided I wanted to spend some time with Betsy. Really spend time with her. So, I decided that we should get into the kitchen and bake!
My favorite cookies are Oreos and chocolate chip cookies cause they go awesome with milk. I needed to turn these two cookies into ONE SUPER COOKIE! One cookie to rule… them… all!
I started with a package of MEGA stuffed Oreos and my wife’s recipe for perfect chocolate chip cookies. In the chocolate chip cookie recipe, we replaced the chocolate chips with crushed Oreo cookie pieces.
The Oreo cream filling was supplemented with butter, sugar, vanilla and cream to make a titillating filling that knocked these cookies out of the park!
I really appreciate all your love and support over these last few years. Truly.
Enjoy these cookies!
- 2¼ cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- ¾ cup dark brown sugar, packed
- ½ cup sugar
- 12 Tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 1 egg + 1 egg yolk, large
- 1 Tbsp vanilla
- 1- 1½ cups chunked Oreo cookie pieces (not the filling, just the cookie part)
- All the creme filling from the cookies of 1 package of MEGA stuffed Oreo cookies
- ½ cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp heavy cream
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- In a large bowl, sift together the flour, baking soda, and salt.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the sugars until no more clumps remain. Add the butter and continue whisking until smooth.
- Add the eggs and vanilla and whisk until incorporated.
- Make a well in the flour mixture and pour in the wet ingredients. Mix with a wooden spoon until just combined.
- Add the Oreo cookie pieces and gently mix until combined.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 8 hours or overnight.
- When you're ready to bake, preheat oven to 325 F degrees and line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Using a cookie scoop, portion out 24 equal balls of dough. Form each dough into a thick disk and place 1in apart on the baking sheet.
- Bake 11-13 minutes or until the tops are a light golden color. DO NOT OVERBAKE. Remove immediately.
- Allow cookies to cool on the pan for 2-3 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Cream together the Oreo cream cookie filling and the butter until smooth.
- Add the vanilla, powdered sugar, and heavy cream and whip on high for 1 minute.
- Fill a piping bag fitted with a medium-small round tip with the cream filling.
- Pipe a generous amount of filling onto the bottom of one cookie until completely covered.
- Gently press a second cookie, flat side down, onto the the cream filling.
- Eat and enjoy!