Chewy, slightly under baked, with chunks of chocolate and crispy edges, this is the perfect recipe for chocolate chip cookies!I’ve made plenty of cookies over the years… but I’ve never been able to master the best recipe for perfect chocolate chip cookies. Maybe it’s because every time I tried making the cookie with the recipe on the back of the Nestle chocolate chip package, they turned out horribly. They were always spread out thin and hard, never chewy and soft with crisp edges.
Well, that’s until now. After I’ve finally made the PERFECT CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE! Well, perfect in my world. These cookies are big, chewy in the center, a bit under cooked, full of chocolate chunks, a bit crisp along the edges with the perfect golden brown color.
Yeah, they were THAT good.
They do take a bit of planning to make because they need some time in the fridge for the dough to set up. So, if you’re planning on making these… make sure you give yourself some time. Make the dough one day, bake the cookies the next… and then eat them ASAP.
You won’t regret making these cookies. Best Ever!
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 12 Tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 1 egg + 1 egg yolk, large
- 1 Tbsp vanilla
- 1 cup Hershey's Mini Kisses
- In a large bowl, sift together the flour, baking soda, corn starch and salt.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the sugars until no more clumps remain. Add the butter and continue whisking until smooth.
- Add the eggs and vanilla and whisk until incorporated.
- Make a well in the flour mixture and pour in the wet ingredients. Mix with a wooden spoon until just combined.
- Add the mini Kisses and fold together.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 8 hours or overnight.
- When you're ready to bake, preheat oven to 325 F degrees and line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Roll 6 large balls of dough and place evenly on the prepared cookie sheet. You'll use 2-3 Tbsp of dough for each ball. Press 3-4 mini kisses onto each ball.
- Bake 11-13 minutes or until the tops are a light golden color. DO NOT OVERBAKE. Remove immediately.
- Allow cookies to cool on the pan for 2-3 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Repeat process with all the cookie dough.
- Eat warm! Store cookies in an air tight container for up to 5 days.