I have a meeting today. A meeting I’m not looking forward to attending. So… what do I do? I make it tolerable by baking something delicious to distract myself with during the meeting. Today, I whipped up a batch of Peanut buttery fudgey brownies.
The recipe inspiration came from what I had on hand in my kitchen. No cocoa powder, but I had unsweetened baking chocolate, no chocolate chips, but I had peanut butter chips. Brownies! YES!
FYI… make sure if you want ooey gooey brownies that you do not over cook these! I made sure they cooked just the right amount of time and they came out perfectly fudgey and gooey!
Peanut Butter Fudge Brownies
1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
2 cups sugar
2 tsp vanilla
4 oz unsweetened baking chocolate, melted
1 cup flour, sifted
1 cup peanut butter chips
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- Preheat your oven to 325 F degrees. Grease a 9×15 cake pan.
- Cream together the butter, sugar, and vanilla.
- Add the eggs and beat until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Make sure to scrape the sides/bottom of the bowl!
- With the mixer on low, slowly pour in the melted chocolate. Scrape the sides and mix on medium/high speed about 30 seconds.
- By hand, mix in the flour until just incorporated.
- Fold in the peanut butter chips
- Spread batter evenly into the pan.
- Dollop the peanut butter on top of the batter. Using a knife, gently swirl the peanut butter into the batter. Not too much though, you don’t want the entire top to be covered in peanut butter, just a nice swirl.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool for at least 10 minutes before cutting and serving!