Happy Father’s Day! Today is a beautifully sunny, warm day in Bavaria and our backyard is the perfect place to spend the afternoon! My 15 month old baby boy running around in his diaper, my teenage daughter laying on a towel getting a tan and my husband and I sitting in the deck chairs sipping a cocktail. Seriously, perfect.
I’m not one to make fruity, mixed drinks on a Sunday afternoon… but on our recent trip to Berlin, I found strawberry lime liquor at the Vom Fass…. made with fresh berries and limes. I thought combo this had great potential to make a super duper delicious drink…. and boy was I right! This Spiked Strawberry Limeade is refreshing, tart and so yum!
I made a bit pitcher of it and we enjoyed it all afternoon! I even made a glass for my daughter without the alcohol and it was still super delicious!
- 2 cups strawberries, quartered
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 limes, juiced and zested
- 1 lime, sliced
- 1 1/2 cups Stolli Strawberry Vodka, chilled
- 3 12oz cans club soda, chilled
- Ice cubes
- Strawberry lime liquor of Chambord (optional)
- Strawberries, limes and kiwis to garnish (optional)
- In a medium bowl, mash the strawberries until there are no more big chunks.
- Place the smashed strawberries into a 2 quart pitcher. Add the lime juice, zest and sugar and stir together.
- Pour in the chilled vodka and club soda.
- Add the ice and sliced lime. Stir together.
- Serve in a glass over ice with a strawberry, lime and/or kiwi garnish and a straw.
- Optionally, add a splash of Strawberry Lime liquor or Chambord to each drink for added sweetness.