Fresh lime juice, mint and raspberries make this sweet, flavorful drink the perfect refreshment for a hot, summer day!
My husband loves me. Seriously. He loves me lots. You see, as I was making dinner this past Sunday, my husband Dave came up behind me and tapped me on the shoulder, I turned around to see him smiling at me with a beautiful beverage in his hand.
“I thought you would like a drink.” he said sweetly to me. “I made it just for you because I know how much you love raspberry.” he explained. I asked him what it was and he told me that he took his favorite drink, the mint mojito and turned it into a raspberry mojito. His favorite drink plus my favorite fruit equals a drink full of love!
And a super delicious drink at that!
Dave started these Raspberry Mojitos by muddling mint leaves, sugar, lime juice and ice together in the bottom of a glass. He added raspberries, rum and club soda to the glass and then topped all off with a few floating berries and a whole sprig of mint for garnish!
Dave wanted me to make sure to mention that typically a mojito uses a simple syrup instead of just adding sugar to the glass. But Dave says that he likes how the coarseness of the sugar helps work into the mint to get the oils out of the leaves and break them down a bit more. I happen to think this technique is an excellent idea and really brings out the mint flavor of the leaves!
Beautiful. And simply perfect. These raspberry mojitos were sweet, smooth and full of delicious raspberry flavor. I really truly loved them! And of course, the man who made them for me. I love him too.
So, if you are in need of a fruity, summertime drink, these Raspberry Mojitos are for you!
Like the cupcakes you see in the pictures? Those cupcakes were inspired by this drink! Check out my recipe for Raspberry Mojito Cupcakes!
- 6-8 mint leaves, stems removed
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 2 Tbsp (about 1/2 shot) fresh squeezed lime juice
- 1 cup roughly crushed ice
- 8-10 fresh raspberries
- 3oz (2 shots) white/clear rum (We used Bacardi)
- 4-5oz club soda
- In a glass, combine mint leaves, sugar, lime juice and crushed ice.
- Using the end of a wooden spoon (or a muddler), muddle (smash) the ingredients together in the bottom of the glass.
- Add 6-8 raspberries and gently muddle again, barely breaking up the berries.
- Pour in the rum and stir.
- Pour in the club soda to top off the drink and stir again.
- Garnish with 2-3 fresh raspberries and a sprig of mint on top.
- Serve immediately.
Amount Per Serving Calories 0Total Fat 0g