Easter is right around the corner and I wanted to make something unique to share on the blog. Everyone and their mother has made birds nest cupcakes, cookies, cakes… heck, I’ve even made Easter basket egg nest cupcakes! So, I knew I wanted to come up with something I’ve never seen before and so these Birds Nest Cookies were born!
My favorite sugar cookie cut out with a scalloped edge round cookie cutter topped with a rose of vanilla buttercream… then on top of that rose, a dark chocolate buttercream eggs nest filled with speckled Easter egg M&M candies. Simple, unique and PERFECT for Spring or Easter.
You could easily use any kind of candy to top these cookies too. Jelly beans, other chocolate shaped eggs… maybe even some chicks or PEEPS! The possibilities are endless!
- Buttercream Rose Sugar Cookies Click HERE for recipe
- Basic Chocolate Buttercream Click HERE for recipe
- Speckled Egg M&M candies
- Wilton #233 grass piping tip
- Disposable piping bags
- Make Buttercream Rose Sugar Cookies as directed in the link above.
- Make Basic Chocolate Buttercream as directed in the link above.
- Fill piping bag fit with the grass piping tip with chocolate buttercream.
- Using medium pressure, pipe circles of frosting on top of eachother on the buttercream rose. Place a small dollop of frosting in the center.
- Place three M&M candies in the center of each cookie.
- Store in an airtight container for up to a week.