Did you see the Mocha Mallow cookies I made? Well, I also made these M&M Cookie Bars to go with them for the neighborhood BBQ this past Sunday.
There really isn’t much to say about these bars…. except they are DELICIOUS and YOU SHOULD MAKE THEM!
- 2 cups plus 2 Tbsp flour
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 12 Tbsp unsalted butter butter, melted and cooled slightly
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup M&M's
- 1 cup chocolate chips (I mixed mini chocolate chips and regular chips cause that's what I had on hand)
- Preheat oven to 325F degrees. Grease the bottom and sides of a 9x13 baking pan. (I also lined the bottom of mine with parchment paper and greased that too.)
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the sugars until the majority of the clumps are gone. Whisk in the melted butter until smooth.
- Add the eggs and vanilla and whisk until smooth.
- Add the flour mixture and combine with a wooden spoon or spatula until all the flour is incorporated.
- Fold in the M&M's and chocolate chips.
- Evenly spread out dough into baking pan and bake for 25-28 minutes or until the edges begin to brown and the cookie pulls away from the pan.
- Allow to cool in the pan completely before removing.
- Remove cookie and place in a cutting board. Cut into squares and serve with a big glass of milk!