You may not believe it when I tell you this, but I’ve never made a traditional cheesecake before this one. Maybe it’s because I’m not actually a fan of cheesecake… or cream cheese for that matter. I know, I must be nuts!
It really wasn’t until I went to Disneyland Paris and was served a mini cheesecake with my dinner that I started to think differently about cheesecake. This cheesecake had a thick graham cracker crust, a sweet creamy center and was covered in a raspberry sauce that was insanely good. All three together was amazing!
So, when I was invited to be a part of National Cheesecake Day with some of my food blogging friends I figured this would be the perfect opportunity to make my very first traditional cheesecake! A Very Berry Cheesecake!
Because I love chocolate and the commissary finally started carrying chocolate creme OREOs, I decided I wanted this cheesecake to have a chocolate crust. Seriously, who doesn’t love a chocolate cookie crust? And then to top the cheesecake, I wanted to try and replicate the tart, sweet flavor of the berry sauce that I had on the cheesecake in Paris, so I made a chunky raspberry & strawberry sauce to pour over each serving of cheesecake.
The filling of the cheesecake comes from a recipe I found on Simply Recipes. I’m not even going to rewrite the recipe for you, I’m just going to let you head on over there and use their directions and tutorials. It’s amazing. Simply Recipes has provided a lot of pictures and very simple instructions. I felt confident as a first time maker of cheesecake that I could “get it right” with this recipe! The only difference is that I used a 10in springform pan instead of the 8in or 9in their recipe calls for.
I really wanted each bite of cheesecake to have the flavor from the berry sauce, because to me that was the best part of the cheesecake… the contrast between the creamy smooth of the cheesecake and the tart and sweet of the fruit. Add the crunch of the crust and WOAH… perfection.
I think that this cheesecake has made me a believer. A cheesecake believer, that is!
If you’re a cheesecake lover, you’re going to want to check out all of these other amazing bloggers and their cheesecakes! We’ve got bars, cakes, pops, and so much more! I can’t wait to check them all out myself!
- Blackberry Goat Cheese Cheesecake from Baking a Moment
- Blueberry Ricotta Cream Cheesecake from Hungry Couple
- Caramel Macchiato Cheesecake from Wishes and Dishes
- Chocolate Cheesecake w/ Whisky Toffee Shards from girlichef
- Chocolate-Covered Strawberry Cheesecake from Savvy Eats
- Coconut Cheesecake with Macadamia Crust from All Day I Dream About Food
- Hawaiian Chantilly Layer Cheesecake from Wallflour Girl
- Hawaiian Mini Cheesecakes from Pint Sized Baker
- Key Lime Pie Cheesecake from Love and Confections
- Lemon Cheesecake from Shugary Sweets
- Lemon Ginger Panna Cotta Cheesecake with Blueberry Sauce from Girl Versus Dough
- Lightened Up Apricot-Swirl Cheesecake from Take A Bite Out of Boca
- Lilikoi Cheesecake with Macadamia Nut Shortbread Crust from Dieter’s Downfall
- Mango Cheesecake (vegan) from Jessiker Bakes
- Mini cheesecakes with a toasted coconut crust (gluten free) from Quarter Life (Crisis) Cuisine
- Mini Mascarpone Cheesecakes with Strawberry Balsamic Topping from Boulder Locavore
- Mom’s Cheesecake from Magnolia Days
- New York Style Cheesecake from URBAN BAKES
- Oreo Cheesecake (vegan) from Namely Marly
- Oreo Ripple Cheesecake from Overtime Cook
- Peanut Butter Cheesecake with Nutella Ganache Topping from The Redhead Baker
- Pear cheesecake with gingersnap crust from Roxana’s Home Baking
- Pumpkin Cheesecake from Lady Behind The Curtain
- Rainbow Cheesecake from In Katrina’s Kitchen
- Raspberry Cheesecake with Oreo Crust from Hip Foodie Mom
- Ricotta Cheesecake from French Press
- Salted Caramel Apple Cheesecake from Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- S’mores Cheesecake from The Gunny Sack
- Snickers Cheesecake from Life, Love and Sugar
- Sugar Cookie Cheesecake from Munchkin Munchies
- Vanilla Bean Cheesecake from Wine & Glue
- Very Berry Cheesecake with Chocolate Oreo Crust from JavaCupcake
- White Chocolate Cheesecake with Macadamia Nuts and Caramel from Taste and Tell
- White Chocolate Frangelico Cheesecake from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- White Chocolate Raspberry Swirl Cheesecake from Will Cook For Smiles
No Bake Cheesecakes:
- Butter Pecan Caramel No-Bake Mini Cheesecakes from Simply Southern Baking
- Cherry and Pistachio No Bake Cheesecake with Animal Cracker Crust from Cravings of a Lunatic
- Mini No Bake Lime Cheesecakes from Miss in the Kitchen
- Neapolitan No Bake Cheesecake from Grandbaby Cakes
- No-Bake Berry Cheesecake from Food Lust People Love
- No Bake Blackberry Cheesecake from You Made That?
- No Bake Dulce de Leche Cheesecake with Caramelized Peaches from The Food Charlatan
- No-Bake Limoncello Cheesecake from Cake Duchess
- No Bake Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Cheesecake from White Lights on Wednesday
- No-Bake Peanut Butter Cheesecake from Crunchy Creamy Sweet
- No Bake Peanut Butter Cheesecake from Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts
- Black Raspberry Cheesecake Milkshake from Blahnik Baker
- Caramel Cheesecake Martini from Happy Food, Healthy Life
Cheesecake Cookies and Bars:
- Caramel Overload Cheesecake Bars from Crumbs and Chaos
- Cherry Cheesecake Brownies from Inside BruCrew Life
- Chocolate Brownie Cheesecake Cookies from Lemons for Lulu
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Cheesecake Bars from Chez CateyLou
- Healthier Peanut Butter Cheesecake Brownie Bars from Texanerin Baking
- Lemon Blueberry Cheesecake Bars from Cooking In Stilettos
- No Bake Coconut Lime Cheesecake Bars from Beyond Frosting
- No Bake Cookies and Cream Cheesecake Bars from Garnish with Lemon
- Strawberry Chocolate Ganache Cheesecake Bars from A Kitchen Addiction
Cheesecake Desserts and Treats:
- Banana Foster No Bake Cheesecake Shooters from Mind Over Batter
- Chocolate Nutella Cheesecake Cake from gotta get baked
- Key Lime Trifles from Hoosier Homemade
- Strawberry Cheesecake Pots from Barbara Bakes
- Triple Brigadeiro Cheesecake Tart from From Brazil To You
Frozen Cheesecakes and Treats:
- Blackberry Cheesecake Popsicles from The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Chocolate Caramel Cheesecake Ice Cream from Chocolate Moosey
- Frozen PB&C Cheesecake from Noshing With The Nolands
- Frozen Peanut Butter Cheesecake with Nutter Butter Crust from Crazy for Crust
- 25 chocolate cream OREO cookies
- 3 Tbsp sugar
- pinch of salt
- 7 Tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 10in springform pan
- Cheesecake recipe from Simply Recipes
- 4 cups fresh raspberries
- ¼ cup sugar
- 2 Tbsp vanilla
- pinch of salt
- Fresh raspberries, blackberries and blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- In your food processor, pulse the cookies until you have a finely ground consistency.
- Pour in the sugar, salt and melted butter. Pulse again until a dough forms. Scrape the sides and bottom of the processor to make sure everything has been incorporated.
- Prepare your springform pan according to the directions found in this recipe from Simply Recipes .
- Press the cookie mixture evenly into the bottom of the prepared 10in springform pan.
- Bake for 13 minutes. Remove from the oven to cool.
- Reduce heat in the oven to 325F degrees.
- Prepare, bake and chill the cheesecake according to the instructions on the recipe from [Simply Recipes] in the 10in springform pan with the Oreo crust.
- In a large pan, combine the raspberries, sugar, vanilla and salt over medium high heat.
- Smash the raspberries until no more pieces remain.
- Cook until the mixture begins to simmer and bubble. Stir constantly and cook for about 5 minutes or until the mixture begins to thicken.
- Remove from the heat and press the mixture through a metal/mesh strainer into a bowl. They object of this is to remove the seeds and any chunks so all that’s left is a sauce.
- If the sauce is too thin, meaning if you dip your finger in it none stays on your finger, return it to the pan and cook on medium high, bubbling, until it’s thickened to your desired consistency. Don’t reduce it too far, you want as much of this delicious sauce as possible!
- Set the sauce aside to cool completely before using.
- Cut a slice of cheesecake and put it on a plate.
- Spoon the raspberry sauce over the top of the cheesecake.
- Garnish the cheesecake & plate with fresh raspberries, blackberries and blueberries.
- Store the sauce & cheesecake covered in the refrigerator up to a week.