Celebrate any German themed party with these black, red and yellow Germany cupcakes! Perfect for your FIFA World Cupcake Finals party, Oktoberfest party or any German party, these easy to make cupcakes will add festive fun to your dessert table!
Today Germany and Argentina square off in the FIFA World Cup Finals! 4 years ago if you would have told me that I would be making cupcakes for a soccer game, I would have laughed at you. Soccer? No thank you. Soccer was definitly NOT my sport. I was a baseball and American football girl. Seahawks and Mariners – Seattle teams ALL THE WAY!
Living in Germany, we don’t have easy access to watching or attending any American sports, so being a lover of sports in general, soccer or football as they call it in Europe became my new passion!
These Germany cupcakes are really easy to make, you only need a few ingredients and supplies to make them work. First, you need red grease proof liners. Mine come from Sweets & Treats Boutique and work great with this chocolate cake. You can still see the red color on the liners which is exactly what I needed for these cupcakes. Second, yellow gel food dye. Wilton is the brand I use because I can always count on a bright color when I use it. Finally, dark chocolate cocoa powder. The cake requires a dark chocolate to make it seem black, so using dark chocolate cocoa powder is a necessity for these Germany cupcakes!
To fancy up the flavor a bit, I cored these cupcakes then filled them with my favorite strawberry jam. This step is completely optional, but I enjoy a little surprise inside my cupcakes when people take a bite of them!
These cupcakes could easily be made using black liners and a red velvet cake with yellow frosting if you don’t have access to red liners. But make sure you use a grease proof liner so that the color of the liner will stay in tact!
And you can bet your bottom dollar that I’ll be watching German take on Argentina tonight in the FIFA World Cup Final game… eating these cupcakes and cheering on my team!
DEUTSCHLAND! DEUTSCHLAND! DEUTSCHLAND!
- Use THIS RECIPE for the cupcakes
- Red grease proof cupcake liners
- ½ cup of your favorite strawberry jam
- ½ cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1lb powdered sugar
- ¼-1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- Yellow gel food dye
- Follow directions to make cupcakes from THIS RECIPE .
- Bake cupcakes in red grease proof liners.
- Core the center of each cooled cupcake using an apple corer or knife.
- Fill generously with your favorite strawberry jam.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer with the paddle attachment, cream the butter until smooth.
- Add the sugar and beat on high until combined. Mix in the salt, vanilla extract and ¼ cup of the whipping cream. Beat until smooth.
- Add a few drops the yellow dye and mix until incorporated. Add more dye until you get your desired color. NOTE: The frosting will get a deeper yellow as it sets out. Resist the urge to add more than a few drops of color.
- Add up to ¼ cup more of whipping cream until you get the consistency you desire.
- Beat on high for 1-2 minutes until light and fluffy.
- Using a large round open piping tip fitting on a pastry bag, pipe swirls of frosting onto the filled cupcakes.
- Insert a Germany flag pick onto the top of each cupcake.