Start your day off with a sweet treat of oats and strawberries with these delicious Strawberry Crumb Bars. They pair perfectly with your morning cup of joe!
I bought a couple bags of frozen strawberries for a project a few weeks back that I never ended up using. And, instead of wasting them, I decided I needed to come up with something delicious to make them them!
These Strawberry Crumb Bars were just the thing! My daughter, she’s 14, doesn’t always like to take the time to eat breakfast in the mornings. She’s too cool for that. Haha! So, I figured if I baked something that was semi-healthy that she would be excited to eat it!
These bars start with a layer of flour, butter, sugar and oats and has a center of strawberry jam and sliced strawberries. They’re topped with more of the oat mixture then baked until golden brown. One bowl and super easy to make!
Serve these Strawberry Crumb bars with a side of milk (or a mug of hot coffee for me) and we’ve got a delicious, easy breakfast that even my teen will like!
The original recipe I saw for these bars had a raspberry filling, so if you have another flavor of jam that you like you could easily replace the center with that. Peach would be delicious! Mmmm with some fresh peach slices! I guess I know what I’m making during peach season!
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup quick oats
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 3/4 cup seedless strawberry jam
- 1 cup sliced strawberries, frozen or fresh
- Preheat oven to 350 F degrees. Line a 8x8in metal baking pan with foil so it hangs over the edges. Spray the foil with baking spray.
- In a large bowl combine the flour, baking soda, salt, oats, nutmeg, cinnamon and brown sugar.
- Cut the room temperature butter into pieces and add the the bowl. Using a pastry blender, combine the butter into the flour mixture until no more flour is visible. This process will take about 5 minutes.
- Spread 2 cups of the mixture evenly across the bottom of the prepared pan. Press it flat making sure it goes into the corners and edges.
- With an offset spatula, evenly spread the strawberry jam across the entire the bottom layer.
- Gently press sliced strawberries into the jam.
- Sprinkle the remaining oat mixture evenly on top and gently press into the strawberries.
- Bake for 35-38 minutes or until golden brown.
- Allow to cool completely before removing from the pan and cutting into square.
- Store in an air tight container.