Flaky biscuits filled with chicken and veggies in a creamy sauce make these cupcake size pot pies a perfect thirty-minute meal for a busy night!
I kinda fell into these “cupcakes” on accident. When I first saw the recipe mini pot pies on Second Chance to Dream I thought they’d make a quick and easy weeknight meal. I never really saw them as cupcakes.
But then, as I was putting them together I realized they were similar to the meatloaf cupcakes I made a few months back and thought hey now… I could call these pot pie cupcakes!
And so we have them… Mini Chicken Pot Pie Cupcakes!
This recipe was really so easy to put together. I think the oven heating to temperature took the longest time out of all the prep work. One bowl, a spoon and a cupcake pan were the only tools I needed. Thirty minutes and dinner was ready!
Everyone in my family loved it! My 18 month old son, who has recently become a picky eater, demolished an entire cupcake. My teenager requested the leftovers for her lunch! I’d say that was a win-win all around!
Mini Chicken Pot Pie Cupcakes
- 2 cans of Pilsbury Flaky Layers Biscuit (8 biscuits in each can)
- 1 can of cooked chicken breast chunks
- 2 cups frozen mixed diced veggies (carrots, peas, corn, grean beans)
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1/4 cup milk
- salt/pepper to taste
- Oregano, to garnish
- Non-stick cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 375 F degrees. Spray cupcake pan with non-stick cooking spray – make sure to spray the inside and top of each cup.
- In a large bowl, mix together the chicken, veggies, cream of chicken soup and milk. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- On a flat surface like a cutting board, press out each biscuit until it’s about 1 cm thick. Press each biscuit into the cups of the prepared pan. Make sure the dough is pressed into the bottom and sides of each cup.
- Fill each dough cup with 2-3 Tbsp of chicken filling. Use the back of the spoon to press the filling down to the bottom of the cup. The dough will press up over the edge of the cup – this is okay.
- Garnish the top of each cupcake with Oregano.
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until the biscuit is golden brown and the filling is hot and bubbly.
- Remove from the pan and serve immediately.
- Store leftovers in an air tight container in for up to 2 days. They could also be frozen until ready to use.