I’m headed to Frankfurt this weekend to watch the US Women’s National Soccer Team play against Germany! Hecks yes! I’m so incredibly excited to see the USWNT play! While we’re in Frankfurt we’ll be spending time with some good friends who don’t get to indulge in many American sweets. So, not only will I be stocking up on Twinkies and Pop Tarts for them… but I’m making cookies and cupcakes for them too! Peanut Butter & Chocolate Chip Cookies with Sea Salt – to be exact!
You can’t get much more American than the combination of peanut butter and chocolate. So… I took one of my favorite recipes for peanut butter cookies and turned it up a notch! I added peanut butter AND chocolate chips and then…. sea salt! Yup, you heard me…. SALT on my cookies! But ooooooooooooh yah, let me tell you that pinch of salt on the top really takes these cookies over the edge of deliciousness!
I hope you make these… they’re super yum!
- ½ cup unsalted butter,room temperature
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter, room temperature
- ¾ cup dark brown sugar, lightly packed
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 egg + 1 egg yolk, lightly beaten
- ½ Tbsp honey
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 Tbsp sour cream
- 11/4 cup flour
- ¾ tsp baking soda
- ¾ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp sea salt, plus more for sprinkling
- ¾ cup peanut butter chips
- ¾ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips, plus more for sprinkling
- In the bowl of your stand mixer, cream together the butter and peanut butter. Add the sugars and cream until light and fluffy. Add the beaten eggs and mix until well combined.
- Add the honey, vanilla, and sour cream. Scrape the sides of the bowl and mix until combined.
- In another bowl, whisk together the flour, salt, baking soda and baking powder.
- Add the flour to the bowl and mix on low until just combined.
- Fold in the chocolate and peanut butter chips.
- Cover and chill for 1 hour in the freezer - or if you have more time 5-6 hours in the refrigerator.
- Preheat oven to 350 F degrees and line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Scoop 1" balls of dough onto cookie sheet. Press a few extra peanut butter/chocolate chips and sprinkle a small pinch of sea salt onto the top of each ball. NOTE: Keep dough cold between batches of baking.
- Bake for 9-12 minutes (depending on your oven and size of the dough balls). Allow to cool on the pan for 3-5 minutes until removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Eat immediately!