I haven’t been able to participate in the Love Bloghop cause I’ve had quite a busy summer. My little baby boy is growing like a weed and taking up a lot of my time AND my dad came for a visit! He was here for 5 weeks and we traveled all over Southern Europe! It was a blast! Now, I’m back to my everyday routine and can get into baking again and being a part of the Bloghop! YAY!
The theme for this months’ Bloghop is Peachlove! PERFECT, cause peaches are in season and are one of my favorite fruits! This week I picked up a big basket of juicy ripe peaches and today I set off to put together a recipe that would be perfect to share with you.
So… I also have another confession. I’ve never successfully made a bundt. I got a new bundt pan a couple months ago on my trip to Poland, made a bundt (overfilled it with batter) and completely failed with it. *sigh* So, I learned my lesson (don’t overfill the pan!) and I’m trying again with this bundt!
I took recipes from Week of Menus and Sweetpea’s Kitchen, put them together and added my own personal spin with the peach glaze on top. The cake is moist, full of peachy goodness and the glaze on top adds just the right amount of sweetness.
I’m thinking the bundt would be a perfect summer bbq dessert, or for your Sunday brunch or even just for breakfast! YUM! Hurry, go grab some peaches while they’re ripe and in season and whip up a bundt for your friends and family!
- 3 cups flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 ¾ cups sugar
- 4 large eggs, room temperature
- Seeds of 1 vanilla bean
- 1 cup sour cream
- 6 medium peaches, diced (about 2 cups)
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 1 Tbsp vanilla
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 3 Tbsp unsalted butter, cold and cubed
- ½ cup flour
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar, packed
- 1½ Tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- seeds from one vanilla bean
- heavy cream
- Dice the peaches and place in a medium bowl. Toss with sugar, vanilla and cinnamon. Set aside until ready to use.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, sugars, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Using a fork, press the cold butter into the mixture until it's the consistency of a course meal.
- Preheat oven to 350 F degrees. Generously grease and flour the inside of your bundt pan.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a large bowl.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- One at a time, add the eggs, mixing thoroughly after each addition.
- Add the vanilla and combine.
- In three additions, add the flour alternating with sour cream.
- Fill the pan about ⅓ of the way with batter.
- Layer the peaches on top of the batter evenly. Sprinkle the crumble over the peaches.
- Scoop batter on top of the peaches and crumble and smooth out using an offset spatula. Make sure you leave about 1 inch of room from the top of the bundt pan.
- Bake for 60-80 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow to cool for ONLY 5 minutes in pan before removing a a plate/rack to cool.
- Whisk together the sugar, extract and vanilla bean.
- Add cream until you reach your desired consistency.
- Drizzle glaze over the bundt so it covers the top and drizzles down the edges.
Your hosts for this month’s #peachlove:
Baking and Cooking, A Tale of Two Loves| Becky Higgins
Elephant Eats | Amy | @elephanteats
Java Cupcake | Betsy Eves | @javacupcake
No One Likes Crumbley Cookies | TR | @TRCrumbley
Oh Cake | Jess | @jesshose
Pippi’s In the Kitchen Again | Sheila | @shlylais
Rico sin Azucar | Helena | @ricosinazucar
Savoring Every Bite | Linda| @spicegirlfla
Teaspoon of Spice | Serena| @tspcurry
That Skinny Chick Can Bake | Liz | @thatskinnychick
The Spicy RD | EA Stewart | @TheSpicyRD
The Wimpy Vegetarian | Susan Pridmore| @WimpyVegetarian
Please join in on the #peachlove fun by linking up any peach recipe from the month of August 2012. Don’t forget to link back to this post, so that your readers know to come stop by the #peachlove event! The twitter hashtag is #peachlove.