Peanut butter blossom cookies are traditionally made with a peanut butter cookie and a Hershey Kiss… but I thought, what about a white chocolate cookie and a Candy Cane Kiss? PERFECT!
Now, I know that white chocolate liqueur might not be easy to find… so you could make these with vanilla extract and some milk instead of the liqueur. But, if you can find the white chocolate… use it. It’s subtle but SO YUMMO.
White Chocolate Candy Cane Blossoms
Makes 2 dozen (and a few extra) cookies
1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
1 cup sugar
3 tbsp white chocolate liqueur
2 cups all purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
Green and red sugar crystals
1 bag of Hershey’s Candy Cane Kisses
- Preheat oven to 350 F degrees. Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, salt and baking soda.
- Cream together, with an electric mixer, the butter and sugar.
- Add the egg and beat on high for 2 minutes or until smooth and fluffy. Scrape the sides and beat again for 1 minute.
- Mix in the white chocolate liqueur.
- Add the flour and mix on medium speed just until combined. Scrape the sides of the bowl to ensure all the flour is incorporated. Do not over mix.
- Roll 12 1-inch balls of dough in the red sugar crystals and place on cookie sheet.
- Roll 12 1-inch balls of dough in the green sugar crystals and place a cookie sheet.
- Bake one cookie sheet at a time for 8-10 minutes.
- Cool on pan for 1 minute then place an unwrapped Candy Cane Kiss in the center of each cookie.
- Remove to a wire rack to cool completely.