Celebrate St. Patrick’s Day with these festive green velvet cupcakes topped with Bailey’s Irish Cream Frosting!
The St. Patrick’s Day cupcakes are done!! 🙂 I made Green Velvet cupcakes and topped them with Bailey’s Irish Buttercream frosting! Here’s the recipe!!
UPDATE March 2014:
So… this post is from the VERY early days of this blog! Can you tell? I think I’ve come a long way since 2009! I have reworked this post a bit, adding the ZipList recipe and fixing the photos. This recipe has become very popular on Pinterest and social media, so I wanted to make it a little more user friendly.
Surprisingly, I haven’t made another St. Patrick’s Day cupcake again until 2014 when I made Lucky Charms Cupcakes!
Happy St. Patrick’s Day!
- 1½ cups vegetable oil
- 1½ cups granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp white vinegar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp liquid green food coloring
- 2½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp sat
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- pinch of salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3-4 Tbsp Bailey's Irish Cream
- Green sugar crystals, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 F degrees. Line cupcake pan with liners.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the oil, sugar, eggs, vinegar, vanilla and green food coloring.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, salt and baking soda.
- Add half the flour mixture to the wet mixture and fold gently.
- Stir in the buttermilk.
- Fold in the remaining flour mixture and fold until just combined.
- Fill the cupcake liners ½-2/3 full. Bake for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean
- Cool in the pans for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Cream the butter and sugar together until smooth.
- Add the salt and vanilla and mix until combined.
- Mix in 3-4 Tbsp Irish Cream. Add more or less depending on the consistency of frosting you desire.
- Beat on high for 2 minutes.
- Using a large round top, pipe swirls of frosting onto the cupcake.
- Alternately, use an offset spatula to spread the frosting over the top of the cupcake. Line the sides with green sugar crystals