Spice up your Spritz! With lots of cinnamon flavor, these buttery Cinnamon Spritz Cookies are a fun twist on a classic.
OXO has supplied me with the tools to make these cookies, the recipe and opinions are my own. #OXOgoodcookies
I typically only make Spritz Cookies during the holiday season since that’s when my Mom would make them when I was a kid.
I’ve shared recipes for her Holiday Spritz and a Gluten-Free Spritz on TJCB in the past, so when OXO came out with a fun new set of Autumn themed disks for their cookie press I was inspired to make a cinnamon spritz cookie perfect for Fall!
These new Autumn disks for the cookie press are so incredibly adorable! My personal favorites are the turkey and spider!
I mean, the pumpkin, the leaf, and the wreath are cute too… but that turkey! Totes Adorbs!
I never really paid much attention to the type of cookie sheet I used when I baked cookies, however after using OXO cookie sheets over the last few years I won’t go back to using anything else!
The Non-Stick Pro Cookie Sheet features a unique micro-textured pattern that ensures even baking and adds structural rigidity. An oversized edge makes it easy to grip and carry to and from oven.
The OXO Cookie Press makes consistently shaped cookies with a simple pump of the large, comfy lever! It’s one of my favorite tools to make cookies because it’s so quick and easy to use!
Now let’s talk about the cookies.
These Cinnamon Spritz Cookies are SO GOOD. I already love the traditional Spriz cookie, but there’s just something about the addition of the cinnamon that just knocks this recipe out of the park!
They are buttery, soft and so good. I mean it. Seriously. I know I say I love all the things I make on my blog… but these Cinnamon Spritz Cookies are something special.
Dunk them in your coffee, tea or milk for an afternoon snack or just grab a couple to have as dessert with lunch. Either way, cinnamon spritz cookies are the perfect treat!
On a total side note… I have a new partner on my blog, Fanette of Frenchly Photography! She has the ability to capture the most amazing photos of the desserts I’m creating.
I have these ideas in my mind of what I want and she makes it happen! Fanette took so many beautiful pictures of these cookies, I really want to share them all!
Ok… just one more picture!!!
Hope you try this recipe for Cinnamon Spritz Cookies!! Let me know if you and what you think!
- 1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- ⅔ cup sugar
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 Tbsp cinnamon extract
- 1 Tbsp ground cinnamon
- 2½ cups all-purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 400 F degrees. Line the OSO Cookie Sheet with parchment paper.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer, cream together the butter and sugar for about 3 minutes.
- Add the eggs, one at a time and mix until smooth. Scrape the sides and bottom of the bowl to ensure all the egg has been incorporated.
- Pour in the cinnamon extract and mix to combine.
- In another bowl, sift together the flour and ground cinnamon.
- In three parts, add the flour and mix until just combined. Scrape the bowl.
- Divide evenly into 4 parts.
- Add gel food coloring and mix until combined.
- Fit the OXO Cookie Press with an Autumn themed disk. Force the dough through the cookie press onto the prepared cookie sheet.
- Bake for 5-7 minutes. DO NOT OVERBAKE!!
- Use the OXO Cookie Spatula to remove the cookies to a wire rack to cool completely before enjoying!