Vanilla cupcakes don’t have to be… well, vanilla! They can be fun and exciting and beautiful too! Just think of a vanilla cupcake as a blank canvas for creating any color or theme to match your event or party. This tutorial will teach you how simple it is to transform a basic vanilla cupcake into a beautiful Spring cupcake full of color and fun!
- Damask grease-proof cupcake liners in various colors from Sweets & Treats Boutique
- Vanilla cupcakes baked in damask liners
- Vanilla buttercream
- Wilton tip #1M
- Disposable piping bag
- Green & Yellow Wilton gel coloring
- Royal Icing Flowers (Tutorial HERE)
- Sugar sprinkles in the same colors your used to color your royal icing flowers.
- Bake your cupcakes in damask grease-proof cupcake liners. Use several different colors.
- Color your buttercream by using both green and yellow Wilton gel coloring. Add a small dollop of both colors to your buttercream and combine with a spatula until uniform.
- Fit your disposable piping bag with the Wilton #1M tip. Fill the bag with buttercream.
- Using this technique, pipe a swirl of frosting onto each cupcake.
- Sprinkle sugar sprinkles onto each cupcake and top with a royal icing flower. Use the same color sprinkles as the flower you are topping the cupcake with.
Friday 3rd of May 2013
So pretty! Thanks for the tutorial, Betsy. :) I am pinning this onto a group board where I think it will be very helpful. The world needs as many pretty Spring cupcakes as possible. :)
Saturday 4th of May 2013
Awesome! Thanks for sharing it, Wendy!
Kayle (The Cooking Actress)
Thursday 25th of April 2013