When Amanda at i am baker put out the call for bakers to participate in her “Desserts for the Deserving” program, I knew I had to be involved.
Desserts for the Deserving is all about bringing people joy through food. We’re a community of bloggers, bakers, crafters, and all sorts of creative people who believe that everyone deserves a little sweetness in their life. We offer up our time and resources to bring strangers joy, one delicious dessert at a time.
This year I was pared up with an extraordinary woman. Here’s what her sister shared with us and why she nominated her to be a recipient of “Desserts for the Deserving.”
“I would like to nominate my big sister, (name omitted for privacy). She is a nurse in the NICU and as is her nature, ALWAYS cares for others. Our father passed away 3 years ago and she was there when he was slipping away. She used her medical expertise and cool head to perform CPR until the EMS arrived. He never regained consciousness, but he survived for another 24 hours which allowed our mother, me and our 3 brothers to say goodbye and be together when he died. I will be forever grateful for that. Unfortunately, last year her marriage of 25 years ended and she is now in the middle of a heartbreaking divorce. It saddens me beyond belief because she deserves every happiness. She is my daughter’s godmother, my sister and my best friend. I want her to know she is cared about and thought of every day. Getting an unexpected surprise in the mail would make her day I know!”
So, I am pleased and honored to be sending a care package full of these cookies. I wanted to make her a cookie that would travel well all the way from where I am, Germany to where she is back in the USA. A big cookie full of yummy chocolate would do the trick!
These Monster Cookies have chocolate chips, butterscotch chips, M&Ms, oatmeal and peanut butter. Can’t get much better than that.
I really hope that she enjoys these cookies! (If she doesn’t… she can send them back cause I know a 12 year old who will eat them! hehe)
Thanks to AMANDA at i am baker for putting this amazing project together! It’s such a great thing to see the blogging, baking and crafting world come together to bring others joy <3.
- 1 1/2 cups creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 cup sugar
- 8 Tbsp unsalted butter, room temperature
- 3 eggs, room temperature
- 1 Tbsp vanilla
- 4 1/2 cups quick cooking oats
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup butterscotch chips
- 1 cup M&M's
- Preheat oven to 350 F degrees. Line cookie sheet with parchment paper and lightly spray with cooking spray.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream together the butter and peanut butter. Mix in the sugars and cream on high until smooth.
- Add the eggs one at a time. Mix well after each addition.
- Mix in the vanilla.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the baking soda and the oats. On medium speed, mix in the oats. Scrape the bottom of the bowl to ensure all the oats get combined.
- Fold in the chocolate chips, butterscotch chips and M&M's.
- Scoop 2 in balls of dough onto baking sheet. For more uniform cookies, roll dough in your hand gently to form a ball.
- Bake for about 10 minutes or until edges begin to brown and cookies begin to look set in the middle. Don't over bake!
- Cool on pan for about 1 minute before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
Amount Per Serving Calories 0Total Fat 0g