First, I used my favorite red and white liners from Sutton Gourmet Paper that owner Kellie sent me. Seriously, these make any red and white cupcake so much more beautiful. They hold their color so well… I just love them!
Second, I filled those awesome liners with my recipe for Red Velvet cake… which, I think I’ve pretty much perfected.
Third, I topped them with a simple cream cheese and vanilla bean frosting.
Finally, I added the cutest red heart sprinkles… making these the perfect Valentine treat!
Here’s to wishing all of my fantastic readers a very
HAPPY VALENTINE’S DAY!
Please know how much I love each and every one of you and truly am thankful for your love and support over the years!
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2oz cream cheese, room temperature
- the seeds from one Madagascar vanilla bean
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1lb powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup Madagascar vanilla bean cream (recipe for this cream can be found here)
- pinch of salt
- Cream together the cream cheese and butter until smooth.
- Mix in the vanilla bean seeds and vanilla extract. Scrape the sides of the bowl.
- Mix in the powered sugar and salt.
- Add enough of the cream until you get the consistency you desire and mix until incorporated. Scrape the sides of the bowl.
- Beat on high for 4-5 minutes.
- Pipe swirls on you the cupcake and top with red hearts.