If you love a chewy, yet crispy cookie… then this is for you! I got the inspiration from Joy the Baker for these cookies, but of course had to put my own spin on them.
I used my homemade peanut butter, added some vanilla and a bit of flour. They taste YUMMMMM… but to be 100% honest with you, I’m not in love with how they look.
I will try them again though (maybe this afternoon if I’m up to it)… using store bought peanut butter. I’m sure that’s what is making them spread like they did instead of being so fluffy like Joy’s.
Thin & Crispy Peanut Butter Bacon Cookies
Makes 1 dozen giant cookies and 1 dozen regular size cookies
1 cup homemade peanut butter
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar, loosely packed
1/2 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup flour
1 tsp baking soda
6 strips of crispy bacon, chopped into pieces
1/4 cup sugar, for rolling
- Preheat oven to 350 F degrees. Spray cookie sheet with cooking spray and set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, mix together the peanut butter and sugars until combined.
- Add the egg and vanilla and mix 1-2 minutes, making sure to scrape the sides of the bowl.
- Add the flour and baking soda and mix until just combined.
- Fold in the bacon until it’s evenly incorporated into batter. Batter will be soft and will feel greasy.
- For large cookies, roll walnut size (1 1/2 – 2 inch) balls of dough in the 1/4 cup sugar and place on pan. Use a fork to press cookies down using a cris-cross pattern. (Pressing down with the fork I found really wasn’t that necessary… but you can still do it if you want.)
- Bake large cookies 10-12 minutes. Remove immediately and place on wire rack to cool.
- For smaller cookies, roll 1 in balls of dough into the sugar. I didn’t press these down and they turned out a little better.
- Bake small cookies 10 minutes. Remove immediately and place on wire rack to cool.