I’ve never thought to make my own peanut butter before… but leave it to Pinterest to give me inspiration this morning to try it! Once I saw this recipe by the Sugar Plum Blog for homemade peanut butter and how simple it was… I had no reason not to try it myself!
With just a few ingredients, you can easily make your own peanut butter at home! All you need is a food processor and some peanuts (of course), and you’ll have homemade peanut butter in no time.
I couldn’t help myself after I finished making this batch… I had to slather some on a piece of bread and devour it. Smooth, creamy, rich, full of peanut flavor! SO GOOD!
Run to the store if you don’t have all of these ingredients and whip up a batch for yourself… you seriously won’t regret it.
Homemade Honey-Roasted Peanut Butter
Makes 4 cups of peanut butter
6 cups dry roasted peanuts in sea salt
12 tbsp canola oil
8 tbsp sugar
scant 1/4 cup honey
- Preheat oven to 375 F degrees. Place peanuts on a cookie sheet and roast for at least 10 minutes. You want the oils to begin releasing in the nuts and for them to brown slightly.
- In your food processor, place the roasted nuts and blend on low speed for 30 seconds. Turn speed to high and blend another 30 seconds.
- Add the sugar and 10 tbsp of the oil and blend on high for 1 minute.
- Add the honey and blend on high for 1 minute.
- If at this point the mixture seems really thick, like a paste, add the remaining 2 tbsp oil and blend for 1 more minute.
- Now, if you like your peanut butter chunkier, thicker… leave it like it is. If you want a smoother, creamier peanut butter then turn on the food processor on high and go read a magazine for the next 4-5 minutes. Come back and you’ll have super smooth, creamy, rich peanut butter!
- Store in a jar with a lid for easy access!