This frosting is whipped, light, fluffy and oh so delicious making it My Go-to Vanilla Buttercream that I use on everything!
I recently hosted a dessert decorating workshop where I made at least 8 batches of my vanilla buttercream. I ranted and raved about how easy it was to make and told everyone in attendance that I’d post a link to it on my blog.
Strangely enough, I’ve never actually posted this recipe just on it’s own but I’ve used it in so many places on my blog!
Without further adieu, here’s the recipe for My Go-to Vanilla Buttercream!
- ½ cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1lb powdered sugar
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
- pinch of salt
- In the bowl of your stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream the butter until smooth.
- Add half the powdered sugar and mix until combined. Scrape the sides of the bowl.
- Pour in the vanilla, salt and remaining powdered sugar and mix until combined.
- Add half the heavy cream and mix on low until it is incorporated.
- One tablespoon at a time, add more cream until you reach the consistency you desire. More cream for softer, less cream for stiffer.
- Scrape the sides of the bowl again.
- Turn the mixer on high speed and let whip for 3-5 minutes.