It’s time to celebrate the 4th of July! The Independence of the USA – a great American holiday! And what better way to celebrate than with cupcakes! I’m super excited to be a part of another Blog Party featuring so many delicious cupcakes wrapped in Bella Cupcake Couture!
23 blogs created 23 different cupcakes all dressed in patriotic cupcake wrappers from Bella Cupcake Couture… all with one purpose… to INSPIRE YOU to create these at home for your friends and family on the 4th of July! We wanted to show you how easy it is to make a delicious cupcake and make it beautiful for your party too!
Make sure to check out all the other blogs to see their creations! There are some seriously yummy looking cupcakes here!
An American Cupcake in London
Bella Cupcake Couture
Chronicles of a Foodie
Cupcakes Take the Cake
Diary of a Mad Hausfrau
In Katrina’s Kitchen
Inside BruCrew Life
Kitchen Fun with My 3 Sons
Love From the Oven
Make Bake Celebrate
Not Just a Mommy
Not Your Mommas Cookie
Pint Sized Baker
Sugar Swings! Serve Some
The Baking Cup
The Decorated Cookie
The cupcakes I created for this party were Cherry Red Velvet Cupcakes! Yum! Rich red velvet cake filled with cherry pie filling and topped with a coconut cream cheese frosting. The red cake and white frosting paired with the blue and white wrappers from Bella Cupcake Couture make the perfect patriotic treat!
Since these will be served at a backyard BBQ, I wanted to keep the setup super simple. I displayed the cupcakes on a glass plate and used a two tier stand to set the plates on. I wanted the backdrop of the cupcakes to be the green grass, the yard, the blue sky and the party. Very informal, but still super pretty.
- ½ cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1½ cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- 6 Tbsp red liquid food coloring (about one small bottle)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2½ cup flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 tsp white vinegar
- 2 12oz cans Lucky Leaf Cherry Pie Filling
- 1 8oz package of cream cheese, room temperature
- ½ cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- upto ¼ cup coconut milk
- 2 tsp coconut extract
- fresh cherries, for garnish
- red & blue sugar crystals, for garnish
- Bella Cupcake Couture cupcake wrappers
- Preheat oven to 350 F degrees. Line cupcake pans with liners.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer, cream together the butter and sugar for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, and mix until incorporated after each egg.
- In a small bowl, combine the red food coloring, cocoa powder and vanilla extract until it turns into a paste.
- Add this paste to the butter and eggs and mix until combined.
- Add the flour and buttermilk, alternating. Begin and end with the flour. Mix only until just combined.
- Mix in the vinegar. Do not over mix the batter!
- Scoop batter ⅔ full into the prepared liners.
- Bake 17-19 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow to cool in pans for about 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer, cream together the butter and cream cheese for about 2 minutes.
- Add the powdered sugar one cup at a time and mix until smooth after each addition.
- Mix in the coconut extract.
- One tablespoon at a time, add the coconut milk. Mix after each addition. You may or may not need all the milk. Add only enough until you reach your desired consistency. Once you reach that consistency, mix for 1 minute.
- Allow frosting to rest for a few minutes before frosting cupcakes.
- Core out the center of each cupcake using an apple corer.
- Fill each cupcake with the cherry pie filling.
- Using the Wilton 1M closed star tip, frosting swirls of frosting onto each cupcake.
- Sprinkle the tops of the frosting with red & blue sugar crystals.
- Place a fresh cherry, stem included, on top.
- Before serving, place each cupcake in a Bella Cupcake Couture cupcake wrapper.
And… for one of our readers we have a super fun prize pack for one of you to win! Over $325 in cupcake products to help you create the perfect 4th of July cupcake! Thanks to our amazing Prize Pack sponsors for their generous donations! Please, visit their websites to see more of their fabulous products!
To enter to WIN this Prize Pack, simply fill out the entry form below.
Contest opens 25June13 at 0700 PST and closes 1Jul13 at 2359 PST. One winner will be chosen and announced within 48 hours of the contest ending. Winner will be contacted via email by firstname.lastname@example.org and will have 48 hours to claim their prize. If they do not respond within 48 hours, another winner will be chosen.
This contest is open to residents worldwide.
a Rafflecopter giveaway