If you’re looking for the best peanut butter frosting ever… STOP! You’ve found it in my Perfect Peanut Butter Buttercream!
I am a lover of all things peanut butter… and if you haven’t gathered by the dozens of peanut butter recipes I have on my blog… I’m kinda obsessed with my recipe for peanut butter buttercream.
I’ve been in search of the perfect recipe for some time now… I’ve tried lots from baker friends recipes and recipes from blogs but finally, with some fine tuning of several recipes put together, I’ve found the perfect recipe!
It’s what I consider to be the Perfect Peanut Butter Buttercream.
It’s creamy, light, fluffy, smooth, not too sweet and FULL of peanut butter flavor. I can’t ask for anything more in a peanut butter frosting.
This recipe is really so delicious, you could use it as a dip for fruit, top chucks of chocolate with it, frost cakes or cupcakes with it, or even make cookie sandwiches and fill them with this buttercream. Or… you can do like I do and eat it by the spoonful!
Go make some. Just cause.
PS… If you want to see some recent recipes using this buttercream, check out these:
- PB&J Chocolate Cupcakes or these
- Peanut Butter Buttercream Tagalong Cookie Sandwiches or these
- Triple Chocolate Peanut Butter Cupcakes!
Perfect Peanut Butter Buttercream
- 1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 heaping cup creamy peanut butter (I use JIF)
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- ½ cup heavy cream
- pinch of salt
- In the bowl of your stand mixer, cream together the peanut butter and butter for 2-3 minutes. You want the color to lighten by a few shades.
- Add the powdered sugar, scrape the sides of the bowl and mix until combined.
- Pour in the heavy cream and beat until smooth. Scrape the bowl again.
- Mix in the salt.
- Beat on high for 3-4 minutes or until the buttercream has become light and fluffy.
- Use immediately.