If you haven’t already noticed, I have a bit of an obsession with cookie bars. See, I LOOOOOVE cookies but I HAAAAATE rolling and dropping them and baking 2-3 sheets of cookies per batch of dough. I’d much rather throw it all into one pan and bake it once, cut them when they’re cool and BAM! Cookies!
So yeah, I make them a lot. I make them with all kinds of different candies and chocolates in them and I usually end up eating most of them. Okay, well… not most of them… I always share, but not many. tee hee
Today’s cookies come from a recipe by I found on How Sweet It Is. Now, she turned this recipe into actual cookies and used different candies and chocolate in it… but the idea is still the same. It all equals YUM.
White Chocolate Chip and M&M Cookie Bars
- 2 cups + 2 Tbsp flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 12 Tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup brown sugar, lightly packed
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 medium eggs + 1 medium egg yolk, at room temperature (If you have large eggs, just omit one full egg)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup M&Ms
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 F degrees. Line bottom of 9×13 pan with parchment paper and grease/butter sides and bottom of the pan.
- In a medium bowl, sift together the flour, baking soda and salt.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the sugars breaking up any large clumps. Add the melted butter and whisk until smooth.
- Add the eggs and vanilla and whisk until incorporated.
- Add the flour and mix together using a spatula. Scrape the sides of the bowl often to make sure all the flour is incorporated.
- Fold in the M&Ms and white chocolate chips.
- Pour dough into prepared pan and spread evenly into the sides and corners. Sprinkle a few extra M&Ms on top and gently press down. (These are so they’re pretty when you cut them!)
- Place in freezer for 10 minutes to set. (Or if you have longer and aren’t impatient like I am, put it in the fridge for 30 minutes to an hour.)
- Bake for 18-22 minutes or until edges are brown and the center has begin to set and is no longer runny/gooey. Do not over bake.
- Allow to cool in pan on a wire rack almost completely before cutting.
- To cut, flip pan over onto a cutting board and cut into squares.