These. Are. Amazing.
No really. Amazing Food. Want to make something super tasty that looks and tastes like it took forever to make? Well, people. MAKE THESE! (yes, that’s me yelling at you.) Seriously. Please. Help the farmer’s market/grocery store out. Buy all of those beautiful little blueberries and make these.
Okay, enough yelling.
Just a little FYI, this is another recipe that has been saved in the “I want to make these one day” folder… These also make me want to kick myself for waiting this long to make them!
Blueberry Crumb Bars (Smitten Kitchen)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup cold unsalted butter (2 sticks or 8 ounces)
- 1 egg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Zest and juice of one lemon
- 4 cups fresh blueberries
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- Preheat oven to 375F. Grease a 9×13 inch pan.
- In a medium bowl, whisk 1 cup sugar, flour and baking powder. Mix in the salt and lemon zest.
- Using a pastry cutter, blend the butter and egg into the flour mixture. Dough will be crumbly.
- Add half of the dough to the greasted pan, gently pat down.
- In another bowl, stir together 1/4 cup of sugar, cornstarch and lemon juice. Gently mix in the blueberries.
- Add the blueberries to the pan and crumble the remaining dough over the blueberry layer.
- Bake for 45 minutes, or until top is slightly brown. Cool completely before cutting into squares.