I was provided the ingredients to make this by Chex Cereal,
however all the opinions are my own.
My kids love the classic peanut butter and chocolate Muddy Buddies. They practically beg me to make a batch at least once a month. You really can’t go wrong with the classic.
When Chex Cereal emailed and asked if they could send me a surprise box of goodies, of course I said yes! In the box was a super cute picnic basked fill with all the ingredients to make Lemon Blueberry Muddy Buddies!
At first, my oldest was reluctant to try the new flavor. She acted like it was a sin to eat any flavor other than the original Muddy Buddies.
After her first bite though… she proclaimed that she loved the lemon blueberry better than the original!
Now that’s a great endorsement!
What I love about these Lemon Blueberry Muddy Buddies is that you can really taste the lemon shine through! The fresh juice and zest of the lemon are tart and the powdered sugar is sweet.
Add the crunch and blueberry flavor of the Chex and you’ve got a perfectly delicious treat! So yum and an instant family favorite!
This recipe is just as easy to make as the traditional. The addition of the lemon takes no extra time at all and the entire recipe can be prepped in just two bowls!
Dump the cereal into one large bowl then heat the butter, vanilla chips, lemon zest & juice together until melted. Pour the melted mixture over the cereal, cover with powdered sugar and you’re done! Easy peasy!
I served these Lemon Blueberry Muddies to my kids topped with fresh blueberries. The pop of the berry in your mouth gives an extra sweetness that’s to die for!
Make sure to check out my other Chex mix and Muddy Buddies recipes!
Photography by Frenchly Photography
Lemon Blueberry Muddy Buddies
- 1 box Chex blueberry cereal
- 1 1/4 cups white vanilla baking chips (white chocolate chips work alternatively)
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- zest of one lemon
- juice of one lemon
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 large bowl
- 1 small microwave safe bowl
- 1 2-quart resealable food-storage plastic bag
- parchment paper covered large baking sheet
- Put the Chex blueberry cereal into the large bowl.
- Mix together the butter, vanilla chips, lemon zest and lemon juice together in the microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on high for 90 seconds, stirring every 30 seconds until the completely melted and smooth.
- Pour over the cereal in the large bowl and fold together until all the cereal is covered.
- Put half the powdered sugar into the plastic bag. Fill the bag with the cereal mixture then add the remaining sugar. Seal the bag closed.
- Shake the bag, turning it in all directions, until the cereal is completely covered.
- Pour the Muddy Buddies onto the baking sheet with parchment and spread out to cool.
- Cool completely before storing in an air tight container.
Thursday 26th of July 2018
Why is your recipe different than the one on the blueberry Chex box? Perhaps if I had used your recipe instead of theirs, mine would have turned out crispy and delicious instead of overly lemony and chewy. I was so looking forward to loving these and was so disappointed. Why is your recipe different from the one on the box, which does not ask for butter and requires 2 lemons to get the amounts of zest and juice asked for? Very crappy for them to ask you for this kind endorsement but not have the recipes match. :(
Thursday 26th of July 2018
Crappy of Chex... Not of you. ????