Do you have a ladies brunch coming up soon? No? Well, then you should plan one just so that you can make these cupcakes… they’re perfection! So cute & classy… we love classy around here.
I’m fairly certain that there is nothing better in life than having cupcakes with champagne. See, told ya… perfection! I thought about these a few weeks ago and then decided to google them before heading into the kitchen. Google folks, it’s your bff.
Before I start baking I always do a quick search to see if someone has already come up with the idea that’s brewin’ in my head. 100% of the time (promise, 100%) I find something… it might not be exactly what I’m looking for, but probably something close. I found a few recipes but these looked amazing and I actually had everything already, win x 2.
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 6 egg whites
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup champagne or prosecco
- 1/4 cup peach schnapps
- 1 medium peach, peeled and diced
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup champagne or prosecco
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 teaspoon peach schnapps
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2-3 drops red food coloring (for a pretty pink color)
- Pearl Nonpareils (for garnish)
- Chilled champagne or prosecco
- Fine sugar
- Peach schnapps
- Fresh peaches, sliced
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Line 2 muffin pans with paper liners. In a medium sized bowl whisk flour, baking powder and salt.
- In a standing bowl mixer with the paddle attachment cream the butter and sugar for 3-5 minutes until light and fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time, scraping the sides of the bowl after each addition. Beat in the vanilla.
- In a liquid measuring cup, combine the champagne and peach schnapps.
- With the mixer on low alternate adding the flour mixture and the champagne/peach schnapps in 3 additions, beginning and ending with the flour mixture. Mix until combined.
- Gently fold in the diced peaches.
- Scoop batter into liners and bake for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely before frosting.
- Combine the butter and the vanilla in a standing bowl mixer and beat until light and fluffy, 2-3 minutes.
- Add the powdered sugar to the standing bowl mixer 1 cup a time, with the mixer on low.
- Combine champagne or prosecco and peach schnapps in a small bowl and add to the mixer after the powdered sugar has been incorporated.
- Add milk and red food coloring and beat until light and fluffy.
- Pipe with a large star tip and add nonpareils as a garnish.
- Enjoy with a peach bellini ;)
- Dip rims of champagne flutes into fine sugar.
- Pour 1 ounce of peach schnapps into each glass.
- Fill flute with champagne and garnish with a fresh peach slice.
(Recipe Source: Sing For Your Supper)