Two days ago I made the first batch of the season for Thanksgiving. Last night, I had to make another batch because my husband, daughter and I devoured more than half of that first batch of Chex Mix. It’s THAT good. I like my Chex Mix with a little more kick, so I don’t follow the directions on the Chex box exactly.
JavaCupcake’s Holiday Chex Mix
3 1/2 cups Rice Chex
3 1/2 cups Wheat Chex
3 1/2 cups Corn Chex
1 1/2 cups Cheerios
1 1/2 cups Pretzel sticks
1 1/2 cups dry roasted Peanuts
1 stick (1/2 cup) butter
3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
2 teaspoons, heaping, seasoning salt
1 teaspoon garlic powder
3/4 teaspoon onion powder
Large aluminum roasting pan
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees F.
- In the roasting pan, combine all dry ingredients. With a large spoon, toss together.
- In a medium sauce pan over medium-high heat, melt the butter. Remove from heat.
- Add Worcestershire sauce and seasonings. Whisk until incorporated.
- Pour butter mixture over dry mixture. With the large spoon, toss to coat.
- Cook Chex Mix in the oven for 1 hour. Stirring every 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let set over night. It’s best the next day after all the flavors have had time to cool set up in the Chex.